Job description / Role
GulfTalent is a leading online recruitment portal in the Middle East, used by 9 million experienced professionals and 10,000 employers and recruitment agencies.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to lead our finance department. Reporting to the Managing Director, and overseeing the accounting and finance function, the role will have ultimate responsibility for
• Finance operations: Including payroll, invoicing, vendor registration, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost control, bookkeeping, banking, online payment services, IP renewals.
• Financial reporting: Including monthly management accounts, annual financial statements, quarterly and annual budgets and variance reports, business financial metrics and KPIs
• Audit, Compliance & Tax: Liaison with auditors, review and update of accounting policies, preparation and submission of regulatory filings in the UAE and UK (including VAT and corporation tax), renewal of trade license, responding to compliance queries
• Procurement: Contributing to selection, appointment, and management of key vendors and service providers, including review and negotiation of commercial and legal terms.
• Process re-engineering: Review and redesign of finance processes for maximum efficiency and scalability, including deployment of digital solutions.
• Funding: Identification and development of debt and equity sources of capital as needed to support the company’s growth plans
• Strategic support: Contribution to a range of company strategic and operational initiatives.
Compensation: AED 22-26k, depending on profile and experience
Minimum skills & requirements
• Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
• 5-7 years of post-qualification experience
• Audit experience from Big 4
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Strong prioritization, organization and problem solving skills
Desirable skills & requirements
• Degree in accounting, finance or economics
• Industry experience within GCC
• Experience of working within the Tech sector
• Experience of managing and training a small team
About the Company
GulfTalent is one of the largest online portals serving the Middle East region, with offices in Dubai and London. Founded in 2005, it is now used by 8 million individuals and 9,000 companies.
GulfTalent is run by a seasoned team of young professionals with diverse backgrounds across different industries, including management consulting, private equity, finance, e-commerce, information technology, education and recruitment. The team also brings together a wealth of international experience across four continents.
This is your chance to join a growing company and a winning team, and to work with creative, hard-working individuals in a fast-paced, energizing environment. Team members benefit from extensive training, excellent learning opportunities, competitive compensation packages and rapid promotion.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Regional Finance Controller
Deputy Finance Manager
Ziad Galadari Group
Manager Accounting and Reporting