Job description / Role
Overseeing accounting functions:
• Analyze periodically the balance sheet accounts to see all current assets and liabilities are properly dealt with.
• Review and authorize all banking transactions before submitting to signatories.
• Assess the minutes of monthly collection meetings, follow up on collections and liaise with Sales and Marketing departments on slow moving/doubtful customer accounts.
• Direct the work of the divisional cost and management accountants in new product costing, product profitability analysis and other management accounting aspects.
• Strengthen the internal control system and streamline policies and procedures of the Finance and Accounts functions, wherever necessary.
• Review of standard direct cost and monthly variance analysis.
• Supervise the timely preparation of annual financial statements, schedules and other information required by auditors in completing the annual audit of the Company.
• Monitor the liquidity position of the Company, cost effective management of bank facilities and assist in the yearly review of the bank facilities.
• Manage foreign currency accounts and deal with treasury department of commercial banks for optimum exchange benefits.
• Oversee credit policy of the company by recommending new credit proposals after examining the credit worthiness report of prospective customers.
• Ensure timely preparation (monthly/yearly) of ‘true and fair’ financial statements of the Company after reviewing and analyzing the financial figures and ratios.
• Publish monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements and analytical reports to the top management.
• Collect and compile divisional sales budget, capital expenditure budget and assist in preparation of budgeted financial statements and cash flow projections.
• Assist in preparation of interim and annual reports of the Company with specific reference to financial tables and analysis.
• Improve cash flow control by preparing perpetual cash forecasts (weekly and monthly) and advising on fund requirements in advance.
• Prepare various adhoc reports and financial analysis required by management from time to time.
• Recruit, train and evaluate staff personnel of the department and supervise the work of key accounts staff.
• Coordinate with the IT department to develop customized reports/programs for the Accounts department.
• 10+ years of Finance & Accounts experience, in a managerial capacity, preferably in large manufacturing industry.
• Hands on experience in arranging bank finance, managing bank facilities and cash flow.
• Experience in ERP environment, overseeing end-to-end finance operations, sound knowledge of IFRS, VAT and other related areas.
• Good interpersonal & managerial skills, excellent attention to detail with an analytical mindset.
• Chartered Accountant, CPA, or equivalent professional qualification required.
About the Company
A Fully Integrated Building Material and Furniture Manufacturer in the Middle East.