Job description / Role
This is an opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join a leading supplier of high quality food products to the retail sector. Working closely with the local General Manager, Operations Manager, and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this senior position offers a broad spectrum of opportunity, scope, commercial activity and authority.
Our client is involved in the trading and packing of food products for the Middle East region where it has been a leading brand in the UAE since 1980s. The team prides itself on providing reliable quality products and services to customers. The company is the largest supplier of high-quality food products to the retail sector as well as the food and beverage producing industries - offering the widest selection and pack size options in the market.
* Financial reporting - both local requirement and for trading and manufacturing business - this will require a good understanding of cost accounting
* Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of compliance and financial information for monthly, quarterly and year end close
* Cash Management - managing the business cashflow and preparing cashflow forecasts
* Preparing and reviewing monthly performance report of factory-based operations, analyzing profitability by product line on a timely basis and of the trading business
* Establishing and further developing timely and value add management information to aid decision making
* Completion and signing local statutory accounts and tax returns as well as local legal compliance
* Preparing annual budget and providing regular forecast updates
* Ensuring compliance with GST, Tax, and the Group's Internal Control Procedures and to JSox
* Providing financial analysis support to other departments within the company implementing appropriate controls and procedures for the trading business
* Supervising one finance executive initially
* Working with local management (GM / Operations Manager) to manage and support the business on day to day issues - commercial / operational / financial
* Adhoc projects and requests
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a monthly competitive salary and a chance to work in a fun, diversified team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to further progress their career with a growing Food Manufacturing group.
The successful candidate will cover the position of Finance Manager, coordinating and financially managing this wholly owned subsidiary, providing high quality analysis, decision support and financial leadership. Ideally, the candidate will be a self-starter, adaptive and motivated and would have gained experience of operating within a fast-paced multinational commercial environment. Cost accounting experience and exposure to commodities would be an advantage.
Skills And Experience
* Qualified accountant with minimum 5 years post qualification experience and solid accounting experience, including dealing with auditors
* Practical experience in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local Tax Regulations (VAT)
* Proven experience of operating within a fast paced commercial and/or manufacturing environment
* Possess strong communication and negotiation skills, with a "hands on" highly visible management style
* Self-confident and self-motivated person who can prioritize and manage competing deadlines with strict time constraints.
* Fluent in English - both spoken and written
* Strong academic background
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Head of Finance
A Leading Company In Sharjah
Finance Manager - Retail
Unibuild Group of Companies