Job description / Role
Managing a team of 4, this company has activities including trading, import and export, stock and distribution of industrial raw materials, and works in established and emerging markets in the MEA region. With 3 locations in the UAE including the corporate office, logistics and warehouse storage, the port office is on the East African coast which helps further expand their reach and enhance their capabilities.
• The Finance Manager will incorporate all locations and provide group level support from overseeing the day to day financial controls, through to banking relationships and year-end audit.
• Reporting to the Founder & CEO the business takes a strong family approach to all they do and as such many staff are longstanding individuals.
• Part of this role will also include management of aged debt and client credit limits, contractual agreements from a financial standpoint and development of procedures and processes to minimise gaps and financial risk at all times.
• You will essentially provide financial expertise to the CEO and support the GM and Supply Chain Manager with the same when required.
• In turn you will manage a team of 2 Senior Accountants and 2 General Accounts who will process the daily functions of receivables and payables, invoice management, analysis, and VAT filing.
• As the Finance Manager you will then provide in-depth analysis, ongoing CAPEX AND OPEX monitoring, cash flow, P&L reports and meet regularly with the senior team to discuss the financial status of the group.
• Your reports will provide information to aid key strategic business decisions and therefore we are seeking those who have experience within the logistics, import and export industries.
• You will be a highly proficient finance professional, with exposure to team management and in possession of a finance degree with additional financial qualifications (such as ACCA, CMA) being a distinct advantage.
• Excellent capabilities on excel and strong communication skills across all levels of seniority are required for this busy, family orientated, SME business.
About the Company
Irwin & Dow was established in 2013 to provide clients with a unique and highly personalised recruitment service, providing the very top calibre of candidates across the business support and secretarial function.
We provide a refreshing approach, working in close partnership with clients and candidates across diverse industry sectors; large MNC’s, government & semi -government entities, SME’s, local businesses and in the start-up and UHNWI support framework.
Great people equal great success: all our candidates are interviewed personally by a member of the team, and we develop longstanding and in-depth relationships with our clients, understanding their corporate culture and goals to ensure a successful outcome for both parties.
Our values of discretion and diplomacy are paramount, and we are pleased to be a partner of choice for clients and candidates.