Job description / Role
• Monthly accounting and reporting services for clients, including on boarding, proposals and client relationship mgmt.
• Provide leadership and training to the current team through technical expertise in accounting, VAT, systems
• Assist with the implementation of accounting, inventory, and CRM systems for clients.
• Assist with adhoc excel report building both internally and for clients.
• Assist in all aspects of due diligence for client acquisitions, including preparation of PowerPoint report to client
• Assist with the accounting operations of Rethink, including internal month end close and reporting
• Assist with accounting, reporting, and operations of strategic partner firm MHQ
• Provide leadership for the VAT compliance function, including performing VAT filings and training junior staff
• Identify, document, and recommend client business requirements for VAT compliance and assist with processes and systems
• Maximize efficiencies in working and reporting systems to reduce the VAT liabilities where possible within the legislative framework.
• Review accounting systems and procedures to advice clients and internal teams on finance and accounting processes.
• Consistently keep abreast of latest developments and implication of VAT in Middle East region.
• Provide support on VAT returns.
• Preparation of business plans, forecasts, and investor prospectuses, including valuations.
• Assist in all aspects of due diligence for client acquisitions, including preparation of PowerPoint report to client.
• Act as DFSA Authorised Individual for financial control / budgeting & reporting and compliance support for clients.
• Act as DFSA Authorised Individual for submission of quarterly and annual financial reports as per DFSA guidelines.
• Maintain statement of capital adequacy for internal and DFSA reporting purposes.
• 7-8 years as Financial Controller with experience in Financial modelling
• DIFC Finance officer designation with experience in CAT 3,3C and 4.
• At least 7-14 years of experience in accounting or business advisory.
• Perfect written and spoken English.
• Excellent technical and systems skill.
• High level of communication skills.
• Highly discrete and able to uphold the utmost confidentiality.
• Self-confident and very proactive.
• Prepared to be hands-on to achieve results and maintain deadlines.
About the Company
Re/think is a boutique accounting, regulatory and compliance, VAT advisory, audit, HR consultancy, recruitment and business advisory firm. We specialize in assisting SME clients with cost-effective, high quality services and solutions. We create value by investing in highly qualified and motivated people and working closely with leading industry partners to provide our clients a one stop shop for all of their business support.
This support ranges from our core services to CFO and board level advisory for the sectors and markets we serve. Our ability to add value reaches across business size, as our offering can be adopted to start ups through to large complex firms.