Job description / Role
• Responsible in executing and maintaining accounting procedures in the Supply Chain Suite, Finance Module and Billing Modules.
• Responsible and accountable for the core sub-applications which includes General Ledger, Planning & Budgeting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Expenses and Cash Management. In addition, the role also requires close working relationship with Commercials and Sales to deliver business targets on revenue and gross profit.
• Candidate should have a professional degree in accounting preferably a Chartered Accountant with at least 8-10 years of experience of which at least 5-7 years with a reputed Freight forwarding company (and not Shipping) in managerial/ supervisory role.
• Should have worked in an ERP environment.
• Areas of experience should include general accounting, credit control, treasury management, disbursement, and budgeting, reporting, forecasting, costing and handling internal/ external audits.
• Candidate should be available in UAE.
About the Company
Founded in 1977, Gerab National Enterprises LLC has grown to become the Middle East’s leading bulk supplier of seamless pipes and allied components for the oil and gas, power generation, water desalination, mining, and construction industries. Gerab’s warehousing hub is in the Jebel Ali Free Zone in the United Arab Emirates. Materials stocked with Gerab include pipes, fittings, flanges, stud bolts, valves, gaskets, and other bulk equipment. The stock range includes carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex, super duplex, and special alloys.
Gerab’s objective is to achieve customer satisfaction through leadership that delivers exceptional services and exceeds customer expectations and ensures sourcing and delivery of the right quality product – on-time, every time. This is achieved through a strong and reliable supplier network, extensive range of stock availability at strategic locations, state-of-the-art infrastructure, an IT system that provides visibility to take timely decisions, and above all the dedication of well-trained staff who excel in delivering excellence.
Gerab has grown to become a leading international trading firm. Its well-staffed regional and international offices are located in Saudi Arabia (Dammam), Oman (Muscat), Qatar (Doha), the UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai), Kuwait (Fahaheel), India (Hyderabad), Iraq (Bagdad), USA (Houston), South Korea (Seoul) and China (Suzhou). In total Gerab employs over 385 staff across all locations.