Job description / Role
What you’ll do:
• Ensuring exceptional controllership across our Logistics spending, including overseeing the overall Logistic actual P&L and cash vs Budget target, monthly close process, ensuring proper controls are in place to protect the Company’s assets, and auditing data to ensure its accuracy.
• Responsible to drive the Budgeting process for Logistics Vertical including structuring “activity-based costing” drivers.
• Monitoring and driving the executional performance of the Logistics operations, including overseeing, preparing and reviewing daily and weekly operational and ?nancial metrics, and using these metrics to drive continuous operational improvement.
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you in?uence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions a?ect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed.
• Manage others, develop exceptional talent, and encourage your team to challenge assumptions Expertise in collecting, analysing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analyses to lead business improvement and cost reductions.
• Partner with Retail, Customer Service and IT teams to drive cost out and optimal cross functional decisions that maximize Chalhoub’ s long term free cash ?ow.
What you need to succeed in this role:
• Logistics Operations Finance Experience in particular multi-location Ful?llment Center Operations is a must.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results individually and through their team.
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage ?nancial models for business forecasting, variance analysis and problem-solving.
• Strong ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, relationship-building, and project management skills.
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both ?nance and operational processes.
• Ability to think at both the strategic and implementation level – to think big while also diving deep.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with relevant ?nance work experience.
• University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
• Professional qualification such as (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, etc) Finance Leader/Manager or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience leading a team.
• Preferably holding an MBA.
• Experience of working in a business partnering role.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.