Job description / Role
Our client, a diversified holding group based in Dubai, are currently looking for an experienced finance and accounting manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for oversight of accounting together with managing a small team, for a new project that the firm is working on. A background in fintech, online trading, or ecommerce would suit the role due to the nature of the project.
* Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
* Account for sales, purchases and other transactions and ensure that books of accounts are maintained up to date
* Preparation of financial statements including Cash Flow Statements, Profit and Loss accounts and Balance Sheet every month.
* Preparing and managing profitability report for product wise, deal wise and strategy wise allocations
* Budget forecasting including cash flow requirements. Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
* Liaising with banks and external vendors for day-to-day operating activities and effectively handling ad-hoc internal and external queries and information requests by the management
* Liaising with external auditors to handle yearend audit and queries and ensure successful audit results and compliance
* Updating and managing the ETRM and Accounting systems
* Work with Audit, Treasury Manager, Finance Team to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities
* Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
* Understanding business strategies/ Market Dynamics and to construct accounting policies/ procedure
* Ensuring MIS reports are created in line with industry standards
* A Master degree in Accounting with at least 5 years' experience preferably in E-Commerce/ fintech/ online trading industry with good understanding of Accounting standards and policies
* Preferably a good understanding of fiscal regime in the E-Commerce/ fintech/ online industry
* Good spoken and written English
* Computer literacy - excellent working knowledge of accounting software, MS office etc.
* Leadership skills and passion for managing people, motivating the team and setting clear objectives - coaching and mentoring
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies