Job description / Role
The Finance Process and Controls Manager will provide leadership to the Middle East Division in respect of:
• Design and implementation of process improvement initiatives
• Development and implementation of finance processes and controls
• Managing the governance, compliance and risk management of finance and ownership of the control framework for the division.
• Working as a part of the shared finance model, the role reports to the divisional Finance Director.
• Leading the divisional I wider Finance community to drive change and transformation across the business unit particularly in the sphere of finance processes.
• Create the governance arrangement such that delivery to all sections is seamless.
• Work with Commercial and Sales & Marketing leadership team to provide a robust process for bidding and solution for the financial processes, controls, systems requirements for new business submissions
• Representing the divisions on the global teams formed to support the Finance Operating Model that sit within the Process and Controls specialism, supporting the Group team and ensuring that the division's needs are understood and articulated at a Group/global level
• Manage the relationship with the SSC for transactional processing ensuring effectiveness of the service. Support development of SSC process improvements to enable further efficiencies within the business. Attend various boards and committees in line with the SSC governance structure.
• Participate on programme boards, Finance committees, review/project boards as required and as appropriate
• Work closely with Head of Financial Assurance to capture output of the financial controls assurance programme and incorporate common process, system & control issues into the divisions improvement programme
• Divisional lead on risk assessment and evaluation, owning the Finance risk register for the division and advises the business on the impact of such risks as required.
• Represent the divisions for finance through the Group securities and controls programme and lead the divisional representative function
• Lead on the control environment within the Finance function in the divisions working with the GPO's in Group to ensure that the businesses needs are met and the controls are in place to manage the risks identified in the division
• Maintain oversight of the divisional and group process improvement forums and co-ordinate the divisional process leads to provide and platform for sharing the knowledge and chances across the divisions
• Identification of system development and process improvements and where necessary drive the delivery of change requests through the governance process. Provide project support to ensure business requirements are identified and delivered within budget and timescales
• Involvement where appropriate in the drafting of the financial controls manuals and procedures ensuring that the processes are fit for purpose and appropriate for the divisions needs
• Taking ownership for identifying process enhancements to strengthen controls and efficiency.
Organisation and People
• Travelling to contract sites, as required.
• To ensure the continued development of the team by regularly reviewing
• organisational structures, capabilities, succession planning and individual
• development plans.
• To ensure compliance with best practice financial and commercial policies,
• procedures and processes, which are aligned to standards set by the Group.
• Qualified Chartered Accountant
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding and adoption of Serco’s governing principles
• Experience of working in a business with public sector customers
• Experience of leading and managing programmes across multiple contracts, customers and business types.
• Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated environment
• Knowledge of Serco governance requirements and processes
• People management experience
• Operational support experience
• Excellent risk management skills
• Excellent planning and forecasting skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent influencing skills and high personal impact
• Up to date knowledge of accounting standards and industry best practice
• Good understanding of finance systems and standardised processes
• Good MS Office skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must have demonstrable record of successfully driving change
• Clear demonstration of influencing skills
• Demonstrable record of managing teams to good outcomes in complex environments
• Is able to interact at all levels and with different cultures
• Is able to engage and encourage building sound working relationships with the operational team and the SSC
• Is able to work at a strategic level
• Is able to identify business implications in complex data or information
• Is able to understand the business drivers that contribute to value
• Is able to influence and motivate when recommending a course of action
• Must have a flexible approach with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
• Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working
• Works well in a pressured environment
• A willingness and ability to travel including abroad, if required
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.