Job description / Role
HOTELS: SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL Accountant
REPORTING TO: Director of Finance & business support
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
ACCOR HOTELS - Feel Welcome in more than 4 100 hotels in 95 countries
SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk scheduled to open in the last quarter of 2019, will be Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 501 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 86 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travellers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Chief Accountant, and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To assist the Director of Finance in the administration of all financial aspects of the hotel's operations, to ensure that all local and corporate policies & procedures are observed and to supervise the day to day operations of the accounting office.
To assist the Director of Finance in compiling timely and accurate financial management reports, as required by corporate office and the owners. Also must assume responsibility for the management of the Accounting as designated in the department reporting flow chart.
The Chief Accountant must assist the Director of Finance in order to ensure that proper internal controls are in place. Also, the Chief Accountant must play a role in the development of the Accounting Staff including hiring, training, cross-training, and development in order to meet the hotel's and the Company's human resources needs.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Director of Finance in order to ensure that all of the accounting staff understands and follows the applicable policies and procedures that are outlined in the company's accounting policies & procedures manual.
- Monitor and supervising the accounting department's daily routines to ensure smooth, effective, and efficient daily work practices.
- Supervising and assisting with account reconciliation's, account analysis, and closing procedures at month end.
- Verifying the accuracy and timeliness of all night audit transactions and monitoring adherence to established procedures. Also the Chief Accountant is responsible for the accuracy of all internal reporting
- Supervising the filling and maintenance of all accounting related documents and records in accordance with the document retention policy.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of municipality fees reporting and payment
- Conducting a productive monthly departmental meeting to communicate pertinent departmental, hotel and company information.
- Working with the Director of Finance to plan, recruit, and hire departmental staff. Also, the Chief accountant must oversee the training, and development of the departmental staff.
- Performing related tasks and duties as assigned by the Director of Finance such as assisting with forecasting, budgeting, internal control, and completing account analysis.
- Prepare financial statements, accruals and journal entries, and maintain reconciliation's for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the contents of all volumes of the Policies&Procedures.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Supervision the day-to-day of all Accounting Staff including assisting them when necessary to stay current.
- Ensuring timely submission of all related reports and compliance to all policy & procedures.
- Cover secretarial duties as & when necessary.
- Take appropriate personnel related action (i.e., hire, commend, discipline, evaluate, etc.,) with accounting staff as required.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all jobs in the Accounting areas.
- Must have commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Must be able to function on behalf of the Director of Finance in his/her absence.
- Must have a high degree of professional integrity and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must be self-motivated and have a high degree of analytical ability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good project management skills.
- Pro-active and requires minimum supervision.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to relate to all levels of management.
- Must have ability to motivate employees.
- Must have Leadership Skills.
- Must be a Team player.
- Diploma/Degree in Hospitality Management and/or Accounting
- Familiarity with financial systems: OPERA, MICROS, ACCPAC, HYPERION, EXCEL
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant supervisory/managerial experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.