Job description / Role
Taaleem central office are currently recruiting for a Financial Accounting & Control Manager to be based in the Jumeirah area.
Reporting into the Head of Finance with responsibility for all aspects of management accounting, financial accounting, implementation of the new ERP system (Group wide) and integration of new businesses. Will also play a key role in the annual Budgeting process and management of relationships with schools and departments. Also, input into various projects as part of the senior finance team.
Key Relationships (Internal and External):
Head of Finance, Chief Financial Officer, Central Functions (HR, marketing etc), CO Finance team, School Operation Managers & Principals, internal and external auditors
• Responsible for the preparation and fair presentation of Taaleem consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS standards and applicable UAE regulations. This includes the preparation and on time delivery of month end (and yearly) management accounts
• Main point of coordination with the external auditors
• VAT filing and liaising with FTA
• Provision of meaningful information to stakeholders including CFO, CEO, Board and Budget Holders.
• Analysing all line of the P&L, BS, and Cash Flow to explain variances in Budgets
• Budgeting & Forecasting
• Support schools with financial matters as required
• Developing processes and drive efficiencies throughout the department
• Instill financial discipline through-out the organization
• Provide written commentary and monthly variance analysis on the key areas of focus as well as developing and calculating new KPIs
• Ability to translate analysis into presentation suitable for senior stakeholders (CFO, CEO, Board, and Principals) and ensure accuracy of contents
Operation Managers (schools) / Central functions
• Varied, operational business partnering with Operation Managers / various internal departments
• Conduct monthly cost reviews with Operation Managers / Central Office budget holders
• Team management [X] transactional staff…
• Coach, guide, advise and counsel the finance team members to help them to develop improved skills and processes which to increase operational efficiency within the finance function
Projects / Other
• Lead / play a key role in the implementation of the new ERP system
• Other Ad-hoc project work across the Finance department as required
• Integration of new businesses / income streams
Person Specification: Education / Experience
• Degree educated
• Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA with ambition to progress in your career
• Previous experience working within an international organization (desirable, not essential)
• IT literate, experienced user of Microsoft Office and SAP
• Strong analytical skills and ability to present financial data clearly and accurately to non-finance personnel
• Team management, including prioritisation, time management and planning skills
• Excellent collaborative skills and ability to quickly establish effective relationships with key stakeholders
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.