Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere
The Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing risks and economic trends and guiding the business, to assist in measurement, planning and forecasting of activities and implications on income statement and balance sheet; and to develop, interpret and implement financial and accounting concepts/ techniques for financial planning and control.
Finance activities and coordination
- Work closely with operational sales and marketing managers and develop excellent knowledge of the business units & operating environments
- Support Marketing and Sales Teams in preparing P&L projection for promotions and launches, analysis of financial viability of new openings and marketing budget follow-up.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions.
- Measure, plan and forecast Marketing activities and implications to income statement and balance sheet.
- Develop Financial Strategic Planning -Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow on weekly basis to provide corrective actions if necessary.
- Prepare the Monthly Tableau de Bord (TDB), the Budget and the revised Budget TDB from individual company TDBs.
- Prepare analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on annual and revised budgets, challenge assumption and propose revisions.
- Arrange, observe and control the P&L, balance sheet and Interest rate parity (IRP) and recommend action.
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Build and manage a comprehensive KPI's model (Financial & Business) in line with Company's objectives
- Run a GAP analysis to maintain financial standards as budgeted and process revisions.
- Prepare operating budgets based on previous figures or estimated revenue and expense reports.
- Review actuals against the budget performances and prepare reports explaining budgets deviations.
- Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
- Take the data generated by the Accounting Department (input) and transform it into meaningful management information.
- Analyze and follow-up of all management and financial indicators.
- Provide Internal Control, ensure compliance with all Group Policies & Procedures and assist departments in running their businesses.
- Support monthly closing process, preparation of journal entries, compilation of financial statements and analysis of financial activity. -Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of business, finance, and economic theory, to drive continuous improvement of financial reports and to evaluate their impact on the business.
- Project Analysis -Provide analytical support to various treasury or cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects.
- Participate in new projects by processing simulations for new joint ventures and preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L.
- Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products.
- 2 - 4 years of experience
- Drive, Entrepreneurship and Adaptability (Intermediate)
- Cash Management and Short Term Funding (Foundation)
- Financial Reporting, Compliance & Accounting Information System (Foundation)
- Collaborating for Efficiency (Intermediate)
- Transactional Accounting and Closing Process (Foundation)
- Internal Control & Risk Management (Foundation)
- Process Management (Foundation)
- Developing and Managing Self-Awareness (Foundation)
- Planning, Forecasting & Budgeting (Intermediate)
- Negotiation & Decision-Making (Foundation)
- Business Partnering & Support (Intermediate)
- Corporate Finance and Long Term Funding (Foundation)
- Communicating Effectively (Foundation)
- Management Reporting, Finance Information System & Variance Analysis (Foundation)
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
Job Segment: Strategic Planning, Strategy
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.