Job description / Role
To provide support and advise to the Company Management on all financial matters and ensure control and compliance of procedures and schedule of authority, besides maintenance of accounts and company's assets, so as to accurately reflect the financial health of the company
Our client is a privately held holding company in UAE. They are looking to grow their finance team and are looking for a Financial Analyst to join their Travel division.
Functional Roles and Responsibilities:
* Provide support, service and advise on all financial matters to the company's management, i.e. budgets preparation, and presentation, management accounting, MIS and all other financial and non financial reports and statements.
* Liaise with all central and company departments for budgeting and forecasting purposes. Consolidate annual accounts and ensure timely audit of the annual accounts.
* Exercise budgetary controls, accounting and physical control as per laid down procedures of asset management. Also exercise controls on other purchases and services.
* Ensure tax compliance; return filing for timely basis wherever applicable.
* Ensure proper insurance cover on company's assets in coordination with corporate finance.
* Carry out inventory control function: like approval of orders, opening of L/Cs, retirement of documents, costing and pricing, insurance, review of inventory ageing etc., to ensure that laid down norms are observed.
* Ensure that credit limit controls and procedures are observed. Review collection and ageing of debtors.
* Advise management on credit limits and provide MIS and exception reporting.
* Monitor internal/ external payments on timely basis and exercise internal controls so that payments are made as per the approved terms for goods and services supplied.
* Exercise controls on other purchases and services.
* Ensure that all accounting entries are incorporated in the company accounts after they have been approved as per the schedule of authority.
* Ensure that accounts are kept up to date to reflect all the transaction of the business, including all reconciliation with the bankers, debtors, creditors and groups companies.
* Monitor bank balances against the facilities to ensure that the company operates within the approved facilities.
* Project cash flows and advise appropriate authorities in case of likely shortfall. Ensure controls are exercised in cash collections, cash held and banking
* Forecast foreign exchange requirements are communicated to HO Finance and advise any change as and when necessary
* Review monthly/Annual closing activities in accordance with corporate policies and IFRS and ensure timely submission of monthly management reports.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. Additionally, s/he will receive a bonus, medical insurance, and flight tickets. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to further progress their career.
* Qualified CA
* 4 to 5 years post qualification experience
* Prior experience within a Travel Agency is mandatory
* Advantageous to have experience with e-travel software
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.