Job description / Role
A new Financial Controller role is needed to support the Senior Financial Controller and the wider business.
The role is based in Dubai but covers Atkins' business across the region. These include UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
The business benefits from the use of the shared services provided by the wider Atkins business in the Middle East, whilst retaining responsibility for its own financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial controls, bidding, invoicing and cash collection.
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly organised, able to prioritise tasks and delegate effectively;
- Manage multiple stakeholder relationships;
- Strong financial reporting skills with an understanding of IFRS;
- Highly analytical, able to manipulate and interpret complex data from multiple sources;
- Produce insightful analysis and clearly communicate findings;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Attention to detail with a high standard of (numerical) presentation skills.
- Desirable Criteria:
- Good commercial awareness;
- Good influencing skills;
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards, Hyperion and other finance specific IT systems and databases;
- Exposure to various countries tax and statutory requirements within the Middle East.
- Assisting the SFC in Month end reporting to the Divisional MD & FD;
- Preparation of robust and complete budgets and forecasts to the standards and timescales set by the Middle East and Group Finance functions;
- Financial support and advice to the country directors, project directors and project managers, ensuring they understand the financial performance of their P+L or project;
- Act as key point of contact with both internal and external auditors when required;
- Close liaison with the Middle East shared services function;
- Regular review of the region's key projects to ensure material changes in performance are captured in advance through a robust forecast and review process;
- Ensure a strong control environment and promote good financial practices throughout the business;
- Review and support to bids within the region when required;
- Delivery of finance training to project managers and project directors as required;
- Forecasting of cash receipts and liaising with project teams to ensure invoicing is up to date and accurate;
- Suggest and implement process and tool improvements.
- Recognised accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW) with 2 - 5 years PQE.
The individual should be highly self-motivated; with a demonstrable track record of rapid career progression and taking on additional responsibilities quickly. The individual will need to have a strong understanding of the financials and the detail behind them and be able to communicate key issues and identify corrective actions. The individual will need to be comfortable dealing with staff at all levels and will be able to deputise for the SFC when required.
Location: Dubai with travel throughout the Middle East region as required.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).