Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller with MEP Construction background, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including Corporate Accounting, Regulatory and Financial reporting, Budget and Forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
* Should have knowledge in handling employee grievances
* Knowledgeable in Incentive Scheme
* Should have solid knowledge in manpower management
* Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
* Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
* Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
* Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
* Research technical accounting issues for compliance
* Support month-end and year-end close process
* Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
* Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
* Coordinate all aspects of job costing process.
* Produce and analyze job performance and profitability through job cost tracking reports.
* Ensure financial integrity of project reporting through analysis of weekly and monthly job costs reports.
* Perform financial analysis of project costs versus budget.
* Ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash receipts.
* Compile, prepare and analyze monthly project billings per contract requirements.
* Track employee productivity and should have knowledge in employee evaluation.
* Assure billings are compliant with contractual definition of cost.
* Play an active role in supporting external project cost audits.
* Research and resolve difficult accounting discrepancies and irregularities in a timely manner.
* Additional controller duties as necessary
* Proven working experience as a Financial controller in Construction Company
* 10+ years of overall combined accounting / finance experience and manpower management
* Advanced degree in Accounting or Commerce
* CPA or CMA preferred
* Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
* Computer proficiency, expert level ability to utilize advanced accounting systems, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc. required.
* Experience with creating financial statements
* Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
* Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
* Driving License is a MUST
* Experience creating reports and compiling and analyzing data; strong analytical experience.
* Strong organization skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skill, ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Proven ability to effectively prioritize work, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
* Ability to analyze and resolve straightforward issues.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
* Ability to remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
About the Company
HR Consultancy focused multi business group
- Soundlines is a conglomerate with HR Consultancy as its flagship business.
- We have been involved in HR consultancy and cross border placements for over 14+ years.
- We offer our clients focused services that benefit their business by way of the right personnel who are tested and proven. This increases productivity and improves the company’s performance.
- Soundlines has its presence in multiple countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka & Korea.
- Soundlines is specialised in recruiting large numbers of personnel within a short time frame.
- We have young & dynamic teams that are fully dedicated and oriented towards ensuring client delight at all cost.
- We place workers, staff and executive cadre personnel in the industries of Construction, Retail, Oil and Gas, Hospitality and MEP.
- Soundlines has been a part of several major construction projects in the Middle East.
- We have contributed manpower and skill sets for projects such as [Dams], [Skyscrapers], [Housing Colonies], [Hotels], [Roads] and [Bridges] etc.
- Soundlines has been go-to destination for large retailers who seek staff for their establishments.
- Soundlines has been serving the hospitality sector in their search for the right personnel – be it in the front office, kitchen, room service or any other departments.
- The Oil and Natural Gas sector recruitment has been one of our core competencies. We have been delivering personnel to this sector for years.
- India is a great resource for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing personnel. Soundlines has served the requirements of several large MEP projects by recruiting and placing highly productive staff.
- Soundlines have years of experience in dealing with each of the above industries and have specialised domain specific staff to head each of these practices.
- The above benefits our clients in doing business at ease.
- Our other businesses include Realty, Healthcare, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism and Trading.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
LITASCO Middle East DMCC
Ignite Search & Selection
Ziad Galadari Group
Financial Controller / Sr. Finance Manager / Finance Manager
Manpower Middle East