Job description / Role
As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the business for such areas as general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, and expense reimbursements.
* Keeping an adequate system of accounting records for the company's reported financial results on a monthly basis
* Accountable with statutory reporting requirements in the UAE, and the related statutory audits
* Ensure that reported results comply with international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
* Dealing with the production of the annual budget, forecasts, and actual vs budget reporting in coordination with corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
* Ensure accurate cash management and risk management working closely with Treasury
* Liaise with the outsourced tax consultant for the annual tax compliance filings and tax provisions
* Appoint and administer an outsourced accounting team and tax advisors and potentially hire in-house personnel to replace the outsourced services.
* Work closely with the management team as the finance team member
* Coordinate with to ensure local policies are in alignment with both local Middle East and corporate expectations
* Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field
* 7+ years in a previous position at a financial institution or a financial technology (fintech) company, with at least 3 years in a management position
* Comprehensive expertise of the Middle East financial environment, including accounting standards, regulations, etc.
* CA, CPA and ACCA Qualified
* Experience in any of the following industries: banking, brokerage firms, cryptocurrency, or exchanges with a preference towards cryptocurrency
* Experienced in collaborating with stakeholders at all levels across technical and non-technical groups
* Skilled to lead in a growing company environment with focused and hardworking individuals
* Knowledge of ERP systems such as Netsuite, Oracle or SAP, and Microsoft Office or Google Suite applications required
* Fluency in Arabic and English
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Ali Bin Ali Group
Quest Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||24 Nov|
Finance and Accounting Manager
A Leading Transport, Distribution and Logistics Company in UAE
Finance Manager (eCommerce Platform)