Job description / Role
Seeking a Financial Controller to manage their finance function and build on existing financial systems and processes
Our client is an internationally renowned body headquartered in the UAE.
· Manage the internal financial control system and ensure smooth day-to-day running of the finance department
· Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in terms of financial activities and reporting
· Monitor daily profitability and overhead spends
· Ensure cost and budgetary control
· Lead budgeting & forecasting process - provide monthly MIS reports
· Liaising with external (suppliers, banks, auditors) and internal stakeholders (senior management, board members)
· Assisting in tax planning and prepare financial reports support corporate tax compliance
· Drive the investment function of the Company and the financial income
· Reviewing the cost base for possible reductions in operational costs on a continuous basis
· Assist the CFO in preparing reports for various committees and to the Board
· Participate in the overall process of management and decision making within the company in order to contribute to their long-term development
The successful candidate for this role (based in Dubai), will be offered a highly competitive package, including long term financial incentives and other excellent benefits.
· A Chartered Accountancy qualification + minimum 10 years of post-qualification
· Prior experience in an international set up or within the sports sector
· Advanced expertise in IFRS
· Carried out at least one ERP implementation
· Previous experience in managing the day-to-day running of a finance team of at least 5 individuals
· A 'can-do' attitude and be able exploit all available resources in order to find ways round obstacles
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Regional Finance Controller
Deputy Finance Manager
Ziad Galadari Group
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)