Job description / Role
Financial Controller - Dubai Investment Real Estate
Company: Dubai Investment Real Estate
Industry: Leading real estate and property developer with a proven track record of delivering high quality, residential, commercial and industrial assets.
- Managing all finance and accounting operations
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Implement and enhance MIS reporting across all projects;
- Ensure implementation and adherence to systems and automation;
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL control, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition, accounts consolidation and periodic reconciliations as applicable;
- Monitor, recommend and implement detailed process controls for all aspects of A/R, A/P, GL, etc
- Research technical accounting and tax (VAT) issues and recommend measures for compliance
- Ensure robust quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting, monthly and periodic close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage banking operations and related cash flow monitoring
- Implement and monitor various MIS systems for sales, leasing and accounting.
- Liaise with IT on implementation and enhancement of existing IT systems for efficient and accurate financial and management reporting;
- Liaise with various departments, mainly projects team to monitor accurate cost capturing and feasibilities for all projects
- Implement budgetary process by establishing detailed budget schedules; collecting, analysing, and consolidating budget data.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure that audits and reviews are carried out effectively and all audit / review comments are discussed and appropriately closed.
- Manage a team of 3-5 accountants/senior accountants
- Bachelor Degree in Accounts, Finance
- Relevant professional qualification in finance (CA/CPA/CMA/ACCA)
- At least 5 years of financial & MIS reporting experience;
- IFRS / VAT exposure
- Big 4 audit/consulting firms experience preferred
- Real estate exposure preferred
Other Skills / Requirements:
- Excellent command over written and spoken English;
- Advanced working knowledge of MS office suite
About the Company
Dubai Investments PJSC is a leading investment company listed on the Dubai Financial Market with over 19,800 shareholders and a paid-up capital of AED 4 billion. Incorporated in 1995, Dubai Investments PJSC is a world-class company that targets investments in viable and profitable entities. The Company has grown exponentially with investments in a number of businesses across sectors - real estate, manufacturing & industrial, healthcare, education and financial investments across the UAE and the Middle East.
Dubai Investments portfolio includes 40 subsidiaries & joint ventures across a wide array of industries. Since its inception, Dubai Investments has challenged the norms and introduced cutting-edge technologies, pioneering business models, unique investment strategies and innovative concepts across its diversified portfolio spanning different sectors and markets.
Setting an example of strong, sustainable growth, Dubai Investments aims to continue its journey towards enhancing the commercial and trade interests of the UAE as it continues to seek investment opportunities in new sectors, locally and internationally, as part of its strategic expansion plans.
Dubai Investments' core operating principles are to achieve attractive returns from investing in healthy businesses with high growth potential; to achieve shareholder satisfaction through a commitment to total quality, to leverage the opportunities offered by new technology; and to be a good corporate citizen, with clearly defined value proposition, including:
- Accountability & Ownership
- Work Excellence
- Human Capital Asset
Finance Officer / Head
A Leading Company In UAE
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||6 Mar|