Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years. As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
- Reporting to the Finance Manager for MAKE UP FOREVER and will be directly involved in all the finance department responsibilities
- Perform monthly financial closing related to P&L and Balance Sheet
- Monitor, challenge and support for all main expenses type from company (LI, POSM, Payroll, CAPEX etc.)
- Participate to the budget process and business plans.
- Responsible for the closing of MAKE UP FOR EVER PCDO (GCC) and PCDE (UAE) entities
- Calculate accruals compliant with standard accounting rules (IFRS/Group), and liaise with accounting so all required entries are booked in a timely manner
- System reconciliations between Oracle and BI. Conduct analysis on COGS by Customer/Retailers on monthly basis, POSM, internal requisitions, sales, investigate discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Calculate margin retrocession/collection by distribution channel
- Analyze gross margin, and report any deviation with annual and monthly targets
- Prepare P&L and balance sheet: Accountable for all P&L entries and source of change elements against comparable periods. Monitor evolution of Balance Sheet accounts
- Secure monthly financial reporting related to the business (e.g.: Flash P&L, Capex, Sales forecast)
- The Finance controller will provide financial advice to the Commercial and Marketing team on adhoc and business case analysis including:
- A&P Regional Claims: collect on monthly basis claims from the distributors and control the invoices provided in coordination with Commercial, Merchandising, Marketing and HR teams who gave prior approval on the expenses
- BC Staff cost: Collect each month the BC salaries claims from the distributor, verify them and approve the amount to be paid by the Regional Office. Conduct analysis on profitability by country and by doo, alert Commercial department in case of drift
- Trade and Communication followup: perform monthly consolidation + analysis of A&P expenses to compare vs Budget, Prepare and analyze launch animation return on investment
- T&E: Gather monthly travel expenses from employees and control T&E claims form, ensure proper coding of claims for accurate repartition in the P&
- Provides financial advice to the commercial team on adhoc and business case analysis as necessary
Participate to the Budget, Revision and Strat
- Lead the data collection of all required inputs to build the P&L
- Challenge and validate scenario with department managers and support Finance Manager to evaluate the proposed equation
- Liaise with the Headquarters to ensure all relevant assumptions are properly shared and explained
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Finance & Controlling, and a minimum of 3 years of successful professional experience in finance and controlling
- Fluent in English; French and Arabic can be a significant advantage but is not compulsory
- Computer literate (Expertise of Excel is essential, knowledge of accounting/financials applications). Oracle preferable
- Meticulous, detail oriented and well organized, capable to handle multiple priorities and multi-tasking while respecting deadlines
- Hands-on, self-starter and problem solver, ability to work effectively in a constantly changing and pressured environment
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.