Financial Controller (Manufacturing)
Job description / Role
An exciting new opportunity has come with one of our key clients in the UAE. Our client, which is a manufacturing company, is currently looking for a Financial Controller. Reporting to the CFO, the person will have the following responsibilities:
• Work to bring about improvements in MIS reporting, planning, and controlling.
• Ensure accurate & timely preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly management reports along with analysis of performance.
• Maintain detailed record of all periodic reports to be submitted to senior management, board members and other external agencies.
• Conduct periodic inter segment comparative analysis of cost, efficiency and other KPIs as per plan of the Controlling Department.
• Assist in conducting benchmarking review of various functions of the company through identifying metrics, balanced score card method and quantifiable and qualitative measures.
• Help to implement approved financial & internal control systems at ensure productivity and efficiency in terms of Controlling function.
• Help to design and implement automated procedures and reports to facilitate periodic reporting to the senior management, board members and other external parties.
• Monitor the various pricing and margin calculations being prepared and maintain strict version control.
• Review standard costs at month and quarter end to propose changes based on current costs and market index movement.
• Supporting the preparation of annual business plan and monitoring adherence of the same on a periodic manner. Assist in preparation of long term, five-year plans, and financial models.
• Maintaining & updating business planning models as required
• Study financial reporting process of the to propose improvements in process and outputs to facilitate the reporting
• Propose benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance of plants and departments as applicable.
• Assist in preparation of all finance and costing reports for review by CFO.
• Prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
• Conduct regular internal control and procedure testing for various departments.
• Assist CFO to prepare back up workings for pricings for key accounts.
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
• Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five-year business plans for the company.
• Help in smooth roll out of financial controls & procedures to all departments & locations of the company
• Control & monitoring of SG&A spend categories
• Improve processes impacting all BU’s (financial and non-financial) utilizing lean processes and, ensure consistency across all plants
• Partner with Business Leaders to drive improvements in Conversion Costs, Inventory, Manufacturing compliance and other strategic initiatives.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to strengthen finance function through robust controls, ensuring all risks are mitigated
• Successful estimation for major customers/projects.
• To ensure timely year end external audit of books.
• Supervise finance personnel.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Must be a degree holder, having a MBA in finance would be a plus
• Should have completed any of the following qualifications CA, ACCA or CPA
• Must have a at least 7- 10 years post qualification work experience
• With a minimum 5 year working experience in a Controlling function
• Experience of ERP systems & Proficiency with Microsoft Office and particularly with financial modelling in excel.
• Proficient with IFRS.
• Understanding of Manufacturing Process
• Strong understanding of business processes and accounting principles
• Able to assess financial risks
• with Microsoft Office and particularly with financial modelling in excel
• Strong command in English language
Disclaimer: Please note that Black Pearl will never ask any of its candidates for any payment in any form in exchange of our service in helping candidates find a job. Our service is free to our candidates and the recruitment fee is paid by our clients. If you receive any emails, SMS or calls requesting you to pay from someone claiming to be an employee of Black Pearl before they can process your application, please report or contact our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.
Finance Manager (Manufacturing)
Chief Accountant / Accountant Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
Big Fish Recruitment