Job description / Role
Our client operates in the energy sector. You would maintain the company’s accounting records and prepare financial reports. This position involves supervision over general accounting, trade accounting, cost accounting, and closing of the month procedures as well as any other related accounting responsibilities.
• Oversight and monitoring over general and trade accounting function;
• Monthly closing procedures , Analysis and commentary
• Preparation and regular control over the monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting under IFRS and timely reporting to the Head Office;
• Reconciliation of intercompany positions
• Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance and ad hoc analytical reviews of trades and flows, financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings.
• Weekly review and control of receivables ageing reports
• Responsible for internal/external audits
• Reconciliation of bank accounts to the bank statements;
• VAT reporting
• Billing, expense reports
• Derivatives transactions (futures, swaps, OTC) verification and posting
• Gather, analyze and assort various supporting documents, communicate with Operations and Trading desks;
• Create purchase and sales orders, good movements and cost accruals of the commodities with correct allocation in system
• Monitor the stock movement of the commodities and posting related entries into the SAP accounting system;
AED 25000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• A University degree in Accounting or Finance
• Eastern European nationality
• Chartered Accountant
• At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar role within a large, medium-sized company or an external audit company;
• Experience in oil & gas commodity trading is a plus;
• Knowledge of IFRS;
• Experience in SAP R3 (knowledge of FI, MM, CO and other modules);
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.