Job description / Role
- Plan and lead the efficient and timely management of financial matters on behalf of the UAEU Libraries, coordinate with the University Finance and Procurement departments and advise the Libraries' Management team on any financial matters related to the UAEU Libraries.
- A bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Financial management or related discipline
- CMA or substantial progress towards a recognized accounting qualification
At least 3 years experience as accounting or financial officer with demonstrated ability to provide:
- Support for the Libraries Management team in the approaches and methods of management accounting;
- Preparation of budget estimates;
- Establishing appropriate financial and accounting procedures for the libraries in partnership with the University Procurement and Finance departments;
- Advanced financial management policies and reporting.
Additionally capability in the following general skills:
- Team management
- Effective communication including the preparation of management reports
- Time management and accountability
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.