Job description / Role
Our client, an international logistics company, is currently looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (with F&B or Retail), based in Dubai who will be responsible for developing and implementation of robust processes aligned to both legislative and company requirements and ensuring that the financial planning and analysis function delivers a timely and accurate service. You will manage all accounting activities include budget process and P&L & B/S reviews to support the business by implementing and maintaining a partnership approach with the each site and function .
Other responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the Financial and management reporting , capex , working capital budgeting, forecasts preparations
• Approval of balance sheet reconciliation
• Manage the capital request, budgeting and forecasting processes
• Support the Head of Finance with pricing negotiations
• Coaching accountants on process improvements in all aspects of the financial / budgeting and related accounting process.
• Engage and collaborative with senior management at distribution centers and corporate division leads on developing assumptions for budgets and forecasts
• Coaching accountants on process improvements in budgeting process
• Support the financial operations of all related business units within the company
• Manage the company's transaction processing systems
• Implement operational best practices
• Ensure proper issuance and accuracy of all financial information internal and external on timely basis with variances analysis explanations
• Prepare and report financial results as required and in accordance with the established reporting calendar.
• Support Head of Finance to provide management and other departments with information for decision making in their respective scope of operations
• Prepare summary financial results for the customer as required and in accordance with the established reporting calendar, ensuring credibility and trust.
• Manage inventory landed cost and customers sales pricing process
• Review VAT transactions with respective Accounts Managers on a periodic basis to ensure compliance to FTA guidelines
• Review the aging and follow regularly on the overdue collection with the sales team.
• Monitor monthly spoilage and write off and ensure proper control mechanism in place to minimize the impact
• Coordination with Head Office on IFRS related matters and provide the required working and impact study
• Monitor cash balances and forecasts
• Manage internal cash transfer processes
• Managing activities related to Capital Authorization Requests
Accounts Payable & Receivable
• Ensure an efficient team of accounts payable/receivable is operating.
• Ensure receipts and payments are made within agreed terms
• Ensure internal control processes such as Purchase Orders are being followed
• Maintain direct debit facility for accounts receivable and strive to convert all customer outlets to the system
• Develops team towards accomplishing work objectives and overall department goals, includes holding direct reports accountable for their effective management of staff.
• Participate in recruitment activities as and when necessary - employee selection, career development, succession planning.
• Performance management of staff as required
• Active participation in annual Performance Review processes
• Responsible for ensuring the work related health, safety and wellbeing of all direct reports and for contributing to the overall safety focus of the business.
To be considered for this opportunity, you need to meet the following criteria:
• A degree holder in finance with CA qualification or equivalent
• Must have worked in either F & B or Retail
• Min 7 years relevant experience financial planning and processing building to deliver accurate budgets and forecasts
• Oracle ERP working experience with advanced Excel skills.
• Familiar with computerized accounting and multinational business environment.
• Outstanding customer relationship and service philosophy.
• Understands commercial practices and requirements for the UAE and the Middle East/GCC.
• Experience of interacting with senior management
• Able to demonstrate team management skills
• Strong analytical, communication, negotiation, project management, and presentation skills
• Knowledge of IFRS and Financial modeling
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.