Job description / Role
Purpose of the job:
The Fireman will work in a Team of fire staff and be responsible for carrying out a range of Fire Fighting and Rescue related activities. This requires a need to respond to emergency situations and protect people, the environment, and property from all types of incidents and emergencies.
• The Lead fireman key accountabilities encompass;
• Health, Safety, Environmental
• Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within the defined area to guarantee employee safety and legislative compliance.
• Understands the application of the Company Safety Rules.
• Ensures effective implementation of the rules applicable to the need for support related to hot work permit requirements and fire crew support.
• Ensures equipment is operated within defined operating parameters to ensure safety of staff, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
• Ensures full understanding of all related procedures and ensures no breach.
• Maintains frequency of safety and environmental walk downs, incidents and near misses reported.
• Adoption of safe methods of work and safe operational practices - safeguarding your own and other people's personal safety at all times;
• Constantly checks the environment and takes action to ensure safe working (e.g. looks for and assesses risks to safety of self and others
• Fire and Rescue
• Fully conversant with all practical firefighting procedures.
• Fully conversant with all breathing apparatus and procedures.
• Fully conversant with all First Aid and lifesaving procedures.
• Ability to respond immediately and safely to emergency calls and requests for assistance - cleaning up and checking the site after dealing with an incident
• Ability to respond to emergency incidents including fires, accidents, floods, spillages of substances, and other incidents;
• Remains in control of own emotions during emergency situations (e.g. does not panic and considers risk)
• Familiarity with the power plant layout to become familiar with roads and buildings and internal / external risks so you can respond to emergency calls with speed and efficiency
• At least five years of experience working in a fire and rescue position in a similar environment.
• A relevant professional qualification in a government-approved fire-related institute or extensive experience gained serving in a fire and rescue capacity during military service.
About the Company
WTS Energy is the leading Consultant/Manpower Supply company to the International Oil, Gas an Energy industry. We supply Consultants to the Projects and Operations of our Clients. We also perform Outsourcing Services like Project Recruitment Campaigns and Workforce Management in Oil and Gas regions around the world.
We operate globally with offices in 12 countries, supplying the International Oil, Gas and Energy industry with professional personnel.
We offer hands-on support to our consultants in every region in which they work. We provide the best people to Upstream, Midstream and Downstream projects and operations. We serve our Clients and Consultants based on trust, high ethical standards and consistent quality of service.