Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
Responsible for the overall operations and Guest satisfaction of the spa fitness areas, ensuring the highest level of professionalism in service to all Guests/Members through maximum efficiency, safety, and uncompromising attention to detail and Guest care
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all spa-fitness services, protocols and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of all types of equipment, common areas, and service areas.
- Bus and stock all service area items including towels, water, ice, beverages, magazines, newspapers, clean headsets.
- Maintain smooth operation of all equipment through periodic service checks, lubing and reporting work orders promptly.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all strength and cardio equipment and their programs as well as the proper use, alignment, safety and contraindications.
- Maintain current CPR, First Aid certifications.
- Maintain professional certifications while continually pursuing a greater degree of knowledge and expertise through self-study, in-services offered, program development and other continuing education efforts.
- Administer health history, questionnaires, fitness-wellness evaluations as set forth by Programs Administrator.
- Lead fitness exercise sessions, personal training sessions, group training experiences, in -service education sessions.
- Appointment setting and scheduling of personal appointments as well as appointments for Team Members.
- Safeguard all Clients, Guests, Members, Colleagues and Team Members throughout each experience, while upholding the philosophy of the spa fitness center.
- Maintain accurate records of all personal training clients, classes taught, coaching sessions and other professional services provided.
- Maintain current tracking records of all clients, with a special emphasis on proper procedure and protocol.
- Timely written reports of all incidents, work orders, safety and first aid occurrences.
- Attend weekly/monthly facility team and departmental communications meetings.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Follow all safety procedures and ensure that Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices.
- Adhere to facility operations departmental emergency procedures/safety manual.
- Ensure spa-fitness department maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the spa and hotel.
- Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa-fitness center's policy relating to safety.
- Ensure that Colleagues are well versed in all spa-fitness center operations (cross-trained).
- Ensure all Colleagues adhere to spa-fitness standards as stated in the employee handbook.
- Ensure the spa-fitness facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
- Ensure Guest/Member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa fitness center's first priority.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Personal trainer certification through a nationally recognized certifying agency/organization (NSCA, ACSM, ACE, AFAA, ISSA).
- Minimum of 1 year experience in fitness-wellness fields.
- Experience instructing and leading exercise in an adult fitness setting, using proper form and spotting techniques.
- Experience in administering PAR-Q (or equivalent), health risk and history, fitness assessments, and guest consultation.
- Multi-talented individual with experience in group class instruction of: movement arts, Pilates, mat sciences, cardio-boxing, flexibility, agility, Tai Chi, meditation, nutrition, lifestyle coaching, etc.
- Interest and ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
- Be willing and able to work a variety of shifts, days, times as needed.
- Interest and experience in a lifestyle wellness philosophy that incorporates the balanced basics of food, water, rest and activity.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.