Job description / Role
This role holds the responsibility of managing the development and growth of fleet and certified pre-owned vehicle sales channel.
This involves building long-term strategic enhancements to current processes with dealer partners, establishing strategic tie-ups with key business partners, growing conquest business across key fleet segments and the development of a compelling Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) go-to-market approach.
- Strategically grow and develop KSA’s fleet business in the assigned geographical area of responsibility in-line with the business objectives.
- Maintain a healthy and profitable fleet sales penetration in assigned territories and in-line with respective assigned dealer Business Plan target.
- Develop dealer fleet sales force capability through putting together specific product training plans, educating dealers about GM’s fleet standards and processes, coupled with implementing agreed regional KSA initiatives.
- Lead the development of a dealer fleet department (structure, recruiting, training, etc.).
- Review customer requirements & potential new business opportunities (vehicles, service, parts & accessories).
- Support Sales Business Managers in developing and implementing a unified go-to-market plan & achieve overall assigned dealer sales and production targets.
- Participate in Quarterly Dealer Business Plan & management reviews and support Sales Business Manager (SBM) in developing clearly identified action plans.
- Prepare for dealer & fleet contacts through proper & timely visit agendas (5 working days prior to visit) & well documented & timely contact reports highlighting key action plans with specific & clear deliverables with assigned responsible person(s) & timelines.
- Establish a clear and consistent pricing guideline for dealer within assigned territory, which is in-line with the region’s vehicle positioning, total cost of ownership methodology, along with assigned vehicle budget by regional fleet manager.
- Foster and forge strong and sustainable relationships with key accounts and decision makers in key accounts to support and endorse GM vehicles.
- Activate and implement KSA’s Chevrolet & GMC Business Choice program effectively and successfully.
- Promote GM’s premium channel strategy and position Cadillac successfully within the fleet of specific luxury vehicle operators.
- Provide accurate and timely forecast updates to KSA Regional Fleet Manager and GMMEO distribution team via close monitoring of dealer sales activities and prospecting.
- Establish long-term relationships with key accounts and achieve assigned annual purchase plan with each.
- Provide up to date market intelligence about competitor activities, competitor sales activities, and market opportunities.
- Prepare support requests for funding of Dealers Fleet initiatives.
Certified Pre-Owned Responsibilities:
- Achieve CPO Sales objectives in assigned geographical area across all three brands assigned.
- Ensure CPO CI compliance and POS material display and availability across all certified locations.
- Review and support CPO showroom activities, and come up with plans to stimulate sales and support retail customer activities.
- Manage and develop a unified trade-in process across all dealerships along with targeted trade-in ratio.
- Develop stock sourcing channels for both CPO & non-CPO units needed to drive assigned sales target.
- Actively engage GMMEO digital and marketing teams in creating necessary market offers along with necessary promotional activities online including proper display of CPO vehicles, timely submission of CPO vehicles on official brand websites, in addition to proper follow-up of online enquiries.
- Manage and monitor dealer reconditioning processes and activities to ensure transparent and clear CPO guidelines are provided to every GM CPO customer.
- Coordinate vehicle evaluation process with dealer partners and ensure a fair market value is assigned to customer trade-in offers, along with other de-fleeting activities.
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.