Job description / Role
Want to be part of a team of 65,000 people?
We are recruiting a Fleet Manager to join our expanding Transport Team at TGHQ. This is a great opportunity to transition your experience into a new company. Responsible for ensuring Transguard’s vehicle fleet is managed and maintained to support transport operations in the most efficient way possible. Our Fleet Manager will work closely with our business teams and operations team to maximize expenditures and deliver the highest possible level of service to our customers.
The successful candidate will streamline routes with operations to keep costs down, but still deliver the level of service customers are expecting. Our Fleet Manager will also be responsible for meeting regularly with business units, operations team and maintenance team members to discuss ways to exceed business unit revenue goals.
Transguard has four key business units – Cash Services, Security Services, HR Outsourcing and Integrated Facility Services, our Transport team supports each of these teams.
• Accountable for the Fleet budget and P&L, monitoring the annual spend against budget and reporting on variances
• Definite and implementing policies and procedures for the Transport team, enforcing and upholding standard operating procedures
• Responsible for planning vehicle scheduling, route planning and managing transport for employees
• Manage daily operations ensuring drivers daily schedules are planned and optimized for efficiencies.
• Conduct continuous analysis of vehicle, driver and schedule patterns to consolidate, improve and maximize usage of vehicles and resource to reducing transportation cost recommend cost control measures
• Manage the transport suppliers in providing transport services, quotes for new routes and adhoc requests
• Managing the procurement, leasing and registration of fleet vehicles working with Procurement and Suppliers
• Ensure that vehicles are registered and operating within all UAE legal requirements; e.g. RTA registration, vehicle insurance, driver requirements
• Manage the team that are responsible and accountable for Fleet Maintenance. Ensure the vehicles are operationally available, serviced and repaired, coordinate with vehicle serving agents and manage processing vehicle warranty claims
• Manage Transport Risk Register which identifies any issues and vehicle risks that are reported by Transguard staff
• Perform changes in working conditions and use of vehicles to increase the efficiency of operations and operations teams Assess driver and staff performance, provide reports identifying their strength and areas needing development. Ensure drivers are trained to Transguard operating standards
• Train, appraise and motivate staff to ensure optimum performance and successful team management
The successful applicants will need to demonstrate experience in a similar position at a manager level, have a successful track record of delivering excellence in their roles and be a self-driven, motivated individual.
Must have minimum 10 years’ experience in Transport, Logistics, Fleet Management, with 5 years in management roles. You must have a degree in Transport, Logistics, Fleet Management or comparable.
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.