Job description / Role
Unit Marine Service Unit
- To ensure that all Marine unit under his charge achieve its maximum reliability. Minimize fleet downtime.
- Working Relationship
- Fleet Superintendent
- Technical Manager
- Marine operations
- Fleet Maintenance matters
- Maintenance scheduling
Key External Contacts:
Purpose of Interaction:
- Ship yards
- Service and Spare parts requirement
- Afloat repair & Equipment maintenance (Out OEM scope)
Objectives and Role Profile
Key Tasks and Performance Indicators
- Update Meter/Calendar based plan as per the equipment manual. Monitoring and ensure execution of the same as scheduled.
- Conduct regular visit to vessel and provide inspection/condition report of vessel equipment and vessel condition as whole
- Monitor quantity of stocks (Parts and Materials) for respective vessel in coordination with the stores. Ensure that adequate parts/materials are available.
- Review Month end report (Inventories and Requisitions). Investigate and conduct on-board verification for any excessive consumptions or miscalculated value given in the report.
- Ensure that all maintenance records are updated to the next latest routine. Deal with the delay and sort out the problem. Discuss the same with Fleet Superintendent at regular interval.
- Close out vessel Defects with minimum time to minimize downtime in coordination with Maintenance supervisor. Investigate reason of the breakdown and take necessary action to prevent similar occurrence in the future. Discuss plans with Fleet superintendent and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide support and guidelines to ship engineering staff. Discuss matters of Maintenance at regular interval on board during a visit to cope up with the requirement and avoid delay.
- Supervise machinery repair and minor/major afloat repair and liaise with contractor/third party for their requirement in carrying out their task.
- Provide support in Technical investigation on any marine incident that involves respective units.
- To provide Maintenance plans and routine for the upcoming year with Fleet superintendent and discuss budget allocation every last quarter of the year. Advance planning is recommended to ensure Maintenance requirement (Parts & Services) budget are covered.
- Minimum Class III/2 Marine engineer officer license holder
- Well versed in MS Office
- Rooted knowledge and ability to read Pneumatic/Hydraulic and Electrical circuit diagram and other ships drawings.
- 3-5 years experience in support or management level on-board sea going vessel.
- Experience in technical workshop as Maintenance engineer is an advantage
- Good Diplomatic and Managerial skill and project planning
- Knowledge on ship equipment maintenance and must be fully aware of equipment operation concept.
Amount of Travel
- Work At Home
About the Company
As a master developer of ports, we at Abu Dhabi Ports are firmly focused on the big picture – diversification of the UAE economy. Our objective is to act as a catalyst for development and trade in the emirate, allowing our customers and stakeholders to benefit from the highest levels of service, marked by excellence and transparency.
Today, we are competing with the best ports and industrial zones in the world having earned a reputation for exceptional, value-added services.