Job description / Role
This role is with Oracle Financial Services Software which is a separate company and majority-owned subsidiary of Oracle Corporation.
This role will be responsible for delivering Functional Consulting for Oracle FLEXCUBE implementations and Managed services assignments as a Functional Consultant across Middle East and Africa.
Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking provides a comprehensive, off-the-shelf, packaged solution that enables banks to meet the challenges of a global economy and achieve faster go to market. It provides end-to-end functionality and offers open development tools to create and customize user interfaces.
Oracle FLEXCUBE for Islamic Banking facilitates and automates Sharia-compliant banking operations with multiple deployment models, including pure-play Islamic, Islamic window, and coexisting Islamic and conventional banking.
You will join the Oracle Financial Services Software business in Dubai, UAE but you will be required to work on customer sites outside of UAE as well, into Middle East and Africa.
What You'll Do - Be the vital piece of the puzzle that connects us to the millions of businesses that need our help to evolve.
The Functional Expert is responsible for the delivery of consulting services related to our FLEXCUBE core banking suite of products.
You will work directly with client's core business team to ensure focus on business case objectives, leveraging best practice processes across the solution set, and scope management. This role also involves developing practical and creative solutions in a way that solves business problem. Facilitates workshops with clients to deliver a clear specification of the customer's business requirements and a business-justified solution. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Demonstrates expertise to deliver detailed functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of less experienced team members.
• Effectively consults with management of customer organizations.
• He/she has in depth experience and knows how to engage in IT products engagements with strategic customers in the Financial Services industry (banks).
• He/she will manage successfully the Customer Relationship during the delivery of consulting services for the implementation of Oracle (core) banking applications;
• Has the responsibility to understand the clients' banking functional requirements and translate them into FLEXCUBE product fitment. Will be in-charge of defining the functional architecture in the projects.
• Should be willing to undertake long term travel
What You'll Bring Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and customer-centricity. We also look for:
• Solid functional knowledge in banking. Expertise in Middle East regional banking requirements is highly desirable.
• Previous experience managing banking software implementation projects - should have handled at least 3 complex projects as Functional Lead.
• Banking functional (Conventional and/or Islamic) expertise
• Multi-stream capability - should have functional expertise in at least two of the following: Retail, Corporate, Treasury, Trade Finance, Channels.
• Should have very good experience in handling data migration from legacy systems.
• Fluent Arabic and English speaker
• Capabilities to manage customer relationships and solve independently customer escalations in consulting delivery cycles
• Excellent inter-personnel skills
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.