Job description / Role
• To implement, monitor and maintain the “assigned safety functions” related to “Air Arabia Safety Management System” in the respective areas of operation; utilizes “Safety Reports” to generate needed statistics in line with Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
• Manages the coordination, collection, transcription, analysis, and dissemination of digitally recorded flight data to appropriate within Air Arabia Head Quarters and Hubs.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Supports the “Safety Manager” in promoting and enforcing safety measures and standards across the Company, Tenants, Airport, and other organizations required to deal with emergencies.
• Gathers, organizes and disseminates safety related information continuously in a timely manner to promote safety awareness across the operating functions within the Company ensuring accuracy of information and circulation to avoid any risks or threats.
• Acts as an active member of the “Safety Action Group”, attends and participates in meetings on regular basis; supports the “Safety Manager” in addressing and discussing safety concerns, procedures and recommendations for improvement.
• Coordinates with Engineering & Maintenance Department to collect PCMCIA (DATA) cards and obtain the Raw Data to process the same using Flight Data Monitoring Software (Air FASE) and therefore ensure efficiency of running the Flight Data Monitoring program (FDM.
• Provides the “Safety Manager” with valid statistics and analysis to allow him/her monitor compliance with the agreed safety measures. Utilizes historical, current, and new collated data, information, and statistics to highlight trends and identify irregularities/abnormalities that exceed defined thresholds limits.
• Analyzes function related monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc “Safety Reports” and hard data generated from Flight Data Monitoring program (FDM) according to agreed criteria. Generates all required statistics to facilitate Flight Data Analysis and related presentations.
• Monitors closely and continuously the flight data to ensure that flight operations are been conducted in accordance with all applicable Air Arabia requirements, standards, and procedures.
• Liaises with Stakeholders such as the IT Department and the Flight Data Monitoring software technical support to provide daily maintenance of the FDM system ensuring that backups are accurately maintained for all Company’s safety related information and timely generated from the FDA.
• Assists in establishing, updating and publishing safety manuals, policies, and procedures to counter threats and risks whenever required.
• Supports team members in publishing the periodic safety regulations, directives, Newsletter and Bulletins, and disseminating the same as appropriate.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge in line with industry practices; contributes to the team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Contributes to the effective performance and on-going development of the department by providing accurate and timely response to queries and emails in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office. He/she participates in delivering training whenever required.
• Keeps abreast of current occupational legislation and requirements to ensure the workplace is in compliance with the same.
• Supports the safety team in their assignments and daily work whenever needed, and provides a backup role to the SMS administrator.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Bachelor degree in IT/Accounting/Statistics or equivalent from a recognized university or institute.
• Holding a valid CPL is an advantage.
• Must have completed “Safety Management Systems” training.
• Must have completed “Flight Data Monitoring Systems” training.
• Compliance, Audit and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value for this role, and some may be treated as conditional.
• Proficient in Google Office Applications and Microsoft Office: Expert in Excel, Graphics and Power Point.
• Skilled report writing is required to ensure that complex reports are properly and clearly described.
• Very good command over written and verbal communication skills.
• Very good in English Language.
• 4+ years’ of experience in the Airlines/Aviation industry working for a mid-sized company; a minimum of 3 years in the “Safety Department” in a similar capacity is required for this role.
• Has decent exposure on the Civil Aviation Authorities, particularly GCAA; familiar with rules and regulations of GCAA pertaining to the Aviation Safety.
• Must be able to read and comprehend technical manuals, documents, and regulations pertaining to a wide variety of operational areas and preferably be conversant with GCAA regulations.
• Must be able to analyze data and complex reports to generate statistics and graphics.
• Experienced in monitoring performance of systems and operations against safety policies, procedures and operating manuals in line with adopted regulations and approved standards.
• Experienced in implementation and maintenance of aviation related documentation and reports.
• Capable of implementing and carrying out investigation procedures and audit checks when required.
• Composed, capable of dealing with threats and emergency cases with focus, analytical thinking, efficiency and commitment to successful safe results.
• Has working experience and exposure to Quality Assurance / Internal & External Audit practices and their effect on safety measures and standards.
• High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
• Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending effective solutions.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.