Job description / Role
The Flight Simulator Instructor is responsible for providing services to clients by conducting all the instructions and training.
Maintaining Licenses and Ensuring Authority Approval
- Maintain his/her personal licenses, ratings and IP “currency”, including medical fitness (if applicable), in order to conduct his assigned duties.
- Ensure that any approval granted by an Authority is valid before conducting any training, which requires him/her to exercise the privileges of that Authority approval.
- Comply with ECFT/CAE policies and procedures at the operational level when conducting any training function, activity or lesson plan.
- Comply with regulations and procedures pertaining to the Authority approved program(s) as they apply to a training function, activity or lesson plan.
Briefing and De-Briefing
- Conduct all Simulator Briefings and training in a thorough and positive manner to deliver the maximum training benefit to the trainee pilot.
- Accurately note any deviation from required SOPs, procedures, or maneuvers and record and discuss these deviations with the appropriate trainee pilot during the Simulator De-briefing.
- If qualified as a Ground School Instructor, conduct any Ground Training Courses as a Classroom, Simfinity, CBT, IPT or Stand-up lecture instruction, as-and-when required.
- Prepare and inspect classroom facilities and equipment prior to the start of the classroom day.
- EASA and/or FAA ATP/ME/IR, with type rating in one or more turbo-jet commercial aircraft.
- EASA/FAA Flight Instructors experience or local National Aviation Authorities equivalent.
- Current medical certificate (SFI/SFE - TRI/TRE).
- Jet command experience essential.
- Previous instructional experience acceptable to the ECFT training management.
- Speak, read and write English language fluently.
- Hold a commercial pilot’s license or higher together with rating(s) related to the flying training courses he may conduct and a type rating for any aircraft on which he may instruct
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and take action when required.
- Customer service skills and a positive attitude is a requirement.
About the Company
Emirates CAE Flight Trainingwas founded in 2002, and is jointly operated by Emirates, a global connector of people and places, and CAE, a global leader in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation and defence.
Located in Dubai, UAE, Emirates-CAE Flight Training is the result of CAE and Emirates joining forces to offer the highest-quality training to commercial airlines, business jet operators and helicopter operators in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia. As a gateway between Europe and Asia, and the fastest growing economic hub in the Middle East, Dubai is an excellent location to train.
Emirates CAE Flight Training is an EASA Type Rating Training Organization (TRTO) and FAA part 142 approved centre. The centre has become recognized as a world-class facility for aviation training in the Middle East, and delivers safety and service excellence to clients across the industry.
At Emirates CAE, you will have the opportunity to work for a global leader in the delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets.
A cutting-edge technology company, CAE places customers and innovation at the center of its activities. This customer-oriented and innovation culture, along with the people who collaborate every day, make CAE a great place to work.
CAE is a world leader in providing simulation and modeling technologies and integrated training solutions for the civil aviation industry and defense forces around the globe. With annual revenues exceeding C$1.5 billion, CAE employs more than 7,500 people at more than 100 sites and training locations in more than 20 countries. We have the largest installed base of civil and military full-flight simulators and training devices. Through our global network of 30 civil aviation and military training centers, we train more than 80,000 crewmembers yearly. We also offer modeling and simulation software to various market segments and, through CAE’s professional services division, we assist customers with a wide range of simulation-based needs.