Job description / Role
Position Title: Fluids Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: all-inclusive depending on experience and qualifications
Job Location: UAE
About the Client:
A leading oil and gas company in UAE.
- Knowledge of “Maintenance Scheduling”.
- Lead and communicate effectively with both wellsite and office based drilling team, and plan, administer training/update to Mud Engineers and Rig Crew
- Create Technical Justifications and Technical Writing skills (experience in training or technical management required).
- Ability to supervise and or manage Liquid Mud Plant activities including possible interventions for problem solving and to optimize operations at the LMP
- Able to comprehend and extract data from software such as OpenWells or an equivalent.
- Preparation of the SoW for the Drilling and Completion Fluids and Cement slurries, equipment, materials and services Tenders and for the technical evaluation of the same.
- Responsible for recommendations related to the drilling fluids optimization for hole cleaning efficiency (i.e. flow rates, Low Shear Rate Viscosities, RPM, ROP, etc.)
- Knowledgeable on the properties and technical specification of the drilling mud (i.e. solids calculations, fluid chemistry, etc.) and its impact on drilling operation.
- Knowledgeable on specific drilling operations/challenges (i.e. slow ROP, high torque, stuck pipe, stuck casing, cementing, completions, etc.). Including MPD operation.
- Open to Western and European nationals
- Male, 59 years old and below
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or similar or Earth Sciences or 3-year Technical Diploma in Earth Science equivalent preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience in the same role in fluids, solids control and waste management. Past work performed directly for an advantage
- Minimum of 12 years diversified international experience for international assignments which includes MPD operations and severe to total losses
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience requirements must be in remote drilling locations with H2S risk and densities above 14ppg
- Experience using SOBM and HPWBM in GCC and tight filtrate non-aqueous drilling fluids; experience with various completion fluids
- Experience dealing with total losses, stuck pipe, reaming, back reaming, extreme geomechanical stresses, hole instability, MPD drilling is a must
- Extensive experience with cementing activities is required (planning operational experience)
- Must have extensive experience using MI SWACO ECCP and VCCP platforms
- Experience using any other service provider software will be an advantage
- Must be able to derive and extract data from OpenWells or wellsite equivalent
- Candidates who can join immediately will be prioritized
About the Company
RTC-1 Employment Services is a licensed recruitment firm based in Dubai, UAE. Our team has been in the market since 2004 and we are supporting various industries with their staffing needs across the Middle East and Africa.