Job description / Role
We are modern & innovative driven facility Management Company looking for FM operation manager. The FM operation manager should have experience in MEP and in FM in his career. The FM operation manager will be reporting to CEO and be responsible to manage a medium size multi-skilled technician team. The FM Operation manager is required to re-structure the existing operational model and develop the operation strategy for the company.
The candidate should possess a proven records of developing product and servicers, Implementing energy management solutions, sustainability initiatives, developing standards and SOPS, Ensure implementation of ISO, Developing teams and capability of handling big projects and in multi sectors. The candidate required to represent corporate clients.Further, assist the business development team with sound and professional business proposal. The candidate with the experience of building FM companies from scratch will be at a definite advantage. The candidate must be able to recommend and suggest products, tools, service providers & sub-contractor within the UAE market and in UAE networks.
• Implementing high-quality services in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC, including required preventive maintenance in order to minimize the break downs, improving the service provided to the building which is an added value for the property and will reduce the operation cost.
• Supervise the steps of receiving; reviewing and organizing all documents related the properties in order to have proper and clear history and records for any future requirements. The documents including but not limited to (Drawing, warranties, manuals, Annual contracts, invoices, communication.)
• Review and approve the materials requests by supervisors and service providers with concerned departments and suppliers to assure smooth operation and improve productivity.
• Assuring having all the annual maintenance contracts renewed and in place for all the systems and equipment wherever the required works done by third party.
• Assist in hiring and interviewing the staff and service providers and monitor their performance.
• Review daily operation of the staff and service providers to minimize the unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems, identify improvement opportunities and be at site for providing technical advice where needed.
• Communicate directly and indirectly with the tenants and service providers to insure the implemented works are in line with the company guidelines and authorities regulations.
• Participate in the taking over of new developments to reduce the amounts spend for repairing the defects and the snags after handing over completion. Or to assure documenting the found defects on the proper time to back charge the related parties the repairs cost.
• Accomplish tasks for all areas of operation and provide support to other team members when required by direct involvement. Improve the safety knowledge of the department staff by giving proper training, tools etc., follow up and review the safety records to uphold the department safety standards.
• Estimate, plan and manage the operation CAPEX and OPEX
• Manage OPEX and CAPEX budgets versus the requirement of business to reduce the impact on progress of work.
• Maintain smooth operation with less delay although the resources of materials and vendors are limited. Dealing with different service providers, authorities, staff at different levels of responsibilities and try to maintain good relations with them for benefit of department operation.
• Assigning the work priorities to maximize on capital & resources.
• Introducing energy saving methods to the senior members of the team to ultimately impact the business unit performance.
• Ability to implement FM software’s and lead the team to work on the IT-based FM.
• Introducing sustainability approach, materials and strategies in MEP & Facilities Management.
• Contribution to the management of departmental monthly budgets.
• Assigning and appoint contractors to carry out works other than doing them in house due to their or nature.
Desired Qualifications & Skills Required
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in MEP, maintenance and service field
• Degree in Engineering – (Mechanical or Electrical )
• Fluent in English, knowledge and URDU is preferred
• Understanding of financial contents, budget (CAPEX/OPEX) preparation and management
• Able to communicate with other department heads or executives, to ensure smooth operation and highest costumer satisfactions.
• Negotiations skills with seniors, suppliers, service providers and costumers.
• Able to communicate with subordinates and technicians and other staff.
• Knowledge of preparing reports and recommendation for department head.
• Able to review the offers, contracts and agreements and highlight recommendations to the department head
• Knowledge and ability to read and understand all technical drawings, manuals, offers and contracts.
• Communicating with procurement, leasing departments and contractors.
• Knowledge on buildings services, systems, and structure design, construction, commissioning, operation and preventive maintenance.
• Familiar with authorities standards, regulation
• Should possess valid UAE driving license
Salary and benefits
• Negotiable and as per market rate, Car and fuel reimbursement will be provided , Health insurance provided, Telephone allowance and other benefits as per UAE labour law
About the Company
A leading Facility Management company in UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manager - Facilities Management (Arabic Speaking)
Technical Facilities Manager