Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Food and Beverage Team Leader to join our successful business.
• Support a culture of quality service and products amongst the team and strive to consistently exceed guest expectations
• To place correct and timely orders based on forecasted sales and past sales data
• Review current ways of service delivery and strive to continuously improve through training
• Ensure that all team members are coached and given regular feedback to consistently deliver excellent customer experience
• To be responsible for the setup of the outlet and service areas prior to service according standards
• To assist the management team in light managerial duties such as opening or closing the outlet pre and post service, including responsibilities such as staff allocation of sections, and duties for the day, cash-up, security of the building, Fire, Hygiene and Health and Safety checks, staff recording of hours, controlling wastage, stock taking and control, ordering the right quantities of products according to expected sales and par levels
• Assist in the protection of health and safety and well being of guests and colleagues.
• Develop a culture of actively seeking feedback from customers on a regular basis
• Ensure customers’ requests and feedback are responded promptly and efficiently
• To ensure the guest tables are cleaned and relayed in a quick and efficient manner, according to Standards
• Deliver drinks and food according to specification
• To maximize sales through “up selling” in a positive and friendly manner
• To carry out stock or inventory checks
• To ensure all payment procedures are adhered to, in particular cash handling, and performed in an accurate and precise manner
• To ensure the outlet is clean throughout the day and on closing
• To great each and every customer upon coming and leaving and invite them to return
• To control and display food, beverage and merchandise items as per standards
• To apply FIFO
• To report any food hygiene/ H&S issues or incidents to the F&B Coordinator straight away
• To organize, record and control the temperatures of all refrigerated units
• To organize, record and control the temperatures of hot food displayed in the counter
• To liaise with production and storage for daily orders
• To fill in issues and transfer vouchers accordingly
• To record wastage forms accordingly
• To report maintenance jobs to be carried out to the F&B coordinator or take
• To help the team serving customers, making products at the till, cleaning, carrying goods and stocking if needed
• Degree in Hospitality/Hotel Management or equivalent.
• HACCP Certificates.
• 2 years work experience or equivalent in QSR multi-unit F&B supervisory level.
• Experience in high-end F&B establishment is a plus.
• Computer skills (Excel, Word and Outlook mainly).
• Stock taking experience.
• Fluent in English written and spoken.
• Firsthand experience with point of sale system and cash registers and credit card payments
• Effective leadership and team player
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies