Job description / Role
Food & Beverage Attendant / Cashier - Motiongate Outsource Contract
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
The position is outsourced through third party Motiongate Dubai manpower supplier. In this position you are responsible to maintain the outlet in accordance with all the mandatory, statutory and local laws and requirements in the storing, handling and selling of food and beverage items from the outlet and all other related duties. To adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures of the Department and perform duties as per the job description.
- To be fully knowledgeable of the products sold in the outlets in order to respond to the guests enquiries and maintain guest satisfaction.
- Maintaining a clean and enjoyable environment for our guests by sweeping and/or mopping floors, cleaning and emptying garbage receptacles, condiment stands and making sure that dirty trays are being returned to the dish room.
- Stocking and replenishing condiment stands with all the necessary supplies
- Assisting guests with their requests/needs including high chairs, booster seats, etc.
- Following established daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established DPR policies, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tables, chairs, counters and fixtures in the dining area.
- Operate all equipment in the outlet in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedure in order to ensure appropriate health and safety and food hygiene standards are maintained; and that the guest receives the highest standards of food quality and service at all times.
- Maintain the outlet in accordance with all the mandatory, statutory and local laws and requirements in storing, handling and selling of food and beverage items from the outlet in order to be in accordance with the set guidelines of Dubai Municipality.
- To know and apply all the aspects of health and safety requirements of the outlet in terms of fire procedure, suppression systems, and exits in order to avoid injury to self and others and know what safety measures to take when the situation arises.
- Provide general assistance in the preparation of facilities for special functions, themed evenings in order to deliver required services.
- Communicate effectively with senior management and colleagues in order to provide vital information and enhance a smooth communication process in the outlet.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings in order to be aware of all updated policies and trainings.
- Assist other team members in a positive and professional manner
- Follow all food hygiene procedures as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Follow Company wardrobe and grooming guidelines at all times
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures with regards to behaviour, performance and conduct whilst at work and when using Company accommodation and other provided facilities
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High School Certificate.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certification.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences in English
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with the ability to perform these operations using units of UAE money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- One year of experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in speaking English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good Team Player
- Cash handling experience of AED dirham and foreign currencies
- Cash handling experience using Point Of Sales Systems.
- Ability to speak additional languages
- Cash Handling skills
- Basic Computer skills
- Flexible working hours
- Physically fit and able to work outside in hot climates
- Must strictly adhere to all HR policies and procedures at all times
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; and outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate to high
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision; and depth perception.
- Routine with established precedents, practices and procedures. A detailed understanding of the work unit is required.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
The Best Part of The Story
Will be offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014