Job description / Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate Food & Beverage Hostess to join the F&B Service team!
As a Sofitel team member, you are an Ambassador of our brand. All Sofitel Ambassadors represent the the brand, and it's values, at all times. In this high profile role it is crucial to provide a Magnifique first impression and exemplary level of Customer Service to our Guests.
Your responsibilities will include:
Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Dining room layout, table/seat/section numbers, proper table setups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code
- Restaurant reservation procedures
- Daily house count, arrivals, departures, VIP's
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times
- All department policies / service procedures
- Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Take record and confirm restaurant reservations / cancellations in accordance with departmental standards.
- Communicate reservation or cancellation changes to management as they arise throughout the shift.
- Monitor the preparation of own assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure that all menu's, check folders are cleaned and in sufficient quantity.
- Ensure that the hostess stand is cleaned and organized.
- Review the Reservation book, pre-assign designated tables and follow up on all special requests.
- Greet the guests at the entrance of the restaurant.
- Seat Guest accordingly to floor plan / being fair to each waiter.
- Show guests their table which has been designated to them
- Ensure that the guests are pleased with their table.
- Present the open menu to the guest.
- Ensure that the tables are set to the best service of the guest.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle waiting lines.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond to them promptly and acknowledge guest, however busy and whatever time of the day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with hotel services / activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following instant pacification procedures and insuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guests' reactions and confer frequently with management to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and participate to ensure that all tables are cleared and reset according to the department procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working conditions of own section equipment and supplies.
- Assist restaurant staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guest: when requested.
- Promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and quality.
- Do table visits systematically at each meal period to ensure guest satisfaction.
Level of Education
- Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
- 1 to 2 years
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Dubai Parks and Resorts
|Abu Dhabi||17 Jul|
Waiter/Waitress up for a Leading Luxury Hospitality Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||1 Aug|
Front Office Host (Pre-opening)
F&B Server / Pool Attendant
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts