Job description / Role
Why work for Fairmont?
Join a dynamic team and be part of Fairmont's thoughtful family.
At Fairmont, our passion is to connect our guests to the very best of our destinations. From the beaches of Hawaii to the deserts of the United Arab Emirates to the heart of London, our hotels offer guests extraordinary places, created by combining unique architecture, expressive decor and artistry, and magnificent features. Add engaging service, and the result is an unforgettable guest experience.
To join our Group, please visit https://careers.accor.com
Food & Beverage Intern - Global Fairmont
Duration: 6 months internship
We are looking for a creative apprentice who can influence the hearts and minds of Fairmont Food & Drink operations globally across regions, cultures, and venues. Supporting our hotels and corporate offices in communication, implementation of the F&B strategy and curation of beautiful spaces to match the high-quality standards and excellence of the Fairmont brand. Join us in creating experiences that positively influence guests' emotions.
What is the role?
We are looking for a creative apprentice that can influence the hearts and minds of Accor's Food & Drink operations in the region India, Middle East, Africa and Turkey. Supporting in the communication and implementation of our F&B strategy to the Heartists in hotels, the Regional Office and Country Offices, in order to achieve only the best standards of quality, delivering service excellence and maximizing guest experience.
What this translates into is:
- Assisting in outlining the concept identity for opening or repositioning hotels in accordance with the Fairmont brand and with the principal objective of maximizing guest enjoyment and return on investment
- Assisting in the development of the training and recruitment strategies for F&B teams to match the brand standards and maintain consistency of the guest experience journey
- Assisting in the development and implementation of commercially driven service, Meetings & Events, Bar, Restaurant and Room Service experiences
- Communication strategies, tactics, and actions for further development of our hotels social positioning in becoming sought-after dining and drinking experience in the F&B arena
- Coordinate communication with our specialist network in the hotels, and other Vice President Operations designates to ensure alignment on strategy, sharing of good practice and keeping the focus on maximization of F&B profit
- Liaise with Hotel F&B stakeholders and Brand and Communications colleagues to ensure the F&B message remains consistent, on-brand and commercially relevant
A little more detail about what you'll be doing :
- Create & elaborate on F&B Design & Operations Concept Briefs
- Support, Interact, solution finding, and communication between hotels, suppliers and colleagues in matters related to F&B and the quality and financial performance thereof
- Supporting concept implementation in the opening of new hotels
- Enhance and develop service and restaurant, bar, meetings, and events concepts to aide communication of the strategy
- Research/Identify behavioural change tactics in relation to food and drink that can be communicated/implemented in hotels
- Develop training modules for restaurant and bar service
- Implementing the right tools to drive F&B sustainability
- Support Vice President and F&B Manager in daily tasks
- A team player, and contributor to a stable team dynamic within the F&B team and its key stakeholders
- A passion for everything hospitality and experiential, especially food and drink
- Tech-savvy and social media-oriented
- Amazing attention to detail and creative flair
- Good communication between other experts within the organization
- Can work independently, master multi-tasker and great organizational skills
- Thrives in an informal working environment
Skills & Experience
- Currently enrolled in university or graduate
- IT and social media-literate of course, and proficient in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Good language skills in your native language + fluent English; French would be an advantage.
- You've got an eye for detail and natural style and flair.
- You're an excellent communicator and have sound diplomacy skills.
Your team and working environment:
You will be working with the Global brand Loyalty team and coordinating with wide Commercial team on a daily basis.
We Are Fairmont Heartists
Our buildings are grand and our people exceptional. Our architecture gives us presence, but we are the heart and soul
We Are Home To Events That Matter.
We contribute to the collective vibrancy of our destinations and are part of their enduring spirit. We share a passion for culture with our guests, and we're honored to be their trusted guide.
We Are Empowered.
We take care of the little things and the big things. We believe moments that engage the heart create lifelong memories.
We Push Ourselves Every Day.
We strive to always be better; to not stand still. We know where we're going, and we will leave the world a better place.
There Is No Room For Ordinary In Anything We Do.
We're proud to share our past with generations of colleagues who created our rich history, and we accept our responsibility to follow in that tradition-it inspires our future.
We Lead From The Heart.
We make genuine connections, and we cherish every opportunity to make the people around us feel special.
We Are A Family.
We celebrate our differences, we support each other, and we always stand together.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS\"
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.