Job description / Role
Job title: Food & Beverage Operations Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
Inspired & Supported by: Director, Food & Beverage
We make moments. Movenpick is in the moments business. We know small gestures can make all the difference. So we do ordinary things in an extraordinary way - a philosophy that has defined our brand success from the start.
Your purpose will be:
To support the F&B Director, working in partnership with our Front of House leaders, in continuously improving the satisfaction of our guests, through developing our Heartists and processes, engaging our extraordinary team, and delivering our financial targets.
You will be accountable for:
- Developing a high performing, and highly engaged team, that is capable of consistently achieving 5-star service standards, in a flexible, multi-skilled environment
- Complying with brand and service standards, to consistently improve our guest satisfaction metrics
- Project planning and implementing new and innovative offerings for our guests
- Managing the financial aspects of the business to achieve set targets
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Supporting the F&B Director and his operational leaders in implementing the division's strategic plans and being an agent for developing our culture
- Monitoring guest feedback channels and working with the team to drive continuous improvement
- Ensuring that training is delivered, and working with operational leaders, to drive operational improvements
- Monitoring average checks and operational costs and overall revenues, working with operational leaders to improve profitability.
- Ensuring that the division is following Accor 5-star and LQA standards and validating them through iAuditor and other related parameters
- Developing Heartists to achieve their full potential in current roles, building multiskilling capability and developing talent for progression
- Creating an environment that boosts Heartist engagement and enables work life balance, whilst meeting the needs of our guests
- Making sure that there is timely and effective two-way communication throughout Front of House F&B, connecting the strategic plans with operational execution
- Continuous planning and execution of attractive promotions and activations to ensure we are the best in the JBR stretch
- Building strong relationships and having good communication with all departments across the hotel
- Deputising for F&B Director in his absence, ready to grow into the role
What you will need to do this role:
- You drive a high performance culture, setting clear expectations, empowering your team and holding them accountable
- You are a critical, strategic thinker, evaluating the changing context, challenging the way things are done and driving continuous improvement and innovation
- You are a great role model, inspiring your team to strive for excellence. You create a positive and open culture, you show appreciation for others
- You are able to execute a plan through the team, and are proactive in taking ownership to progress our strategic plans
- You have high emotional intelligence being empathetic, self-aware, open minded, and you demonstrate humility
- You are able to meet changing business needs, and be entrepreneurial in your thinking, initiate change, as well as demonstrating flexibility and embracing it.
- You manage change effectively with your team
- You demonstrate commercial thinking and are financially responsible in running your business
- You manage the big picture and care passionately about the details
- You are highly organised and able to meet deadlines
- You are computer literate and confident using new computer systems
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You have a comprehensive understanding of all the food hygiene, health & safety and our COVID19 policies (HACCP, ALLSAFE)
- 5 years experience in international 5-star branded hotels (international exposure is a must), in a similar role leading teams from multiple outlets
- Experience of ensuring a training plan is delivered
- Experience of holding teams accountable to the highest service standards
- Track record of taking ownership of the achievement of financial targets
- Activation and event planning, involving other departments in the hotel
- Track record of developing highly capable and engaged teams
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and Heartists.
How you will be Extraordinary:
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and Heartists, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and Heartists
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and Heartist experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance, thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You work brilliantly with Heartists across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Nakheel Riu Deira Island Hotel
Director of Food & Beverage
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Junior Assistant Restaurant Manager
Nakheel Riu Deira Island Hotel
Restaurant & Bar Manager