Job description / Role
Food & Hygiene Inspector - 6 Months Contract
Global Village is currently looking for a "Food & Hygiene Inspector" to join its 24th season starting 29 October. Candidates must have a valid UAE residency (not visit visa) and capable of sponsoring themselves for the entire 6 months.
Objective & Responsibilities:
• To provide assistance to HSE Department in terms of Food Safety and Hygiene in Global Village during 2019-20 Season
• The position is responsible for promoting the awareness of HSE management system concepts
Major Responsibilities include:
• Use expert knowledge of Food Hygiene & Health rules and regulations to evaluate compliance, measure hazard and risk and recommend corrective action, if required
• Responsible for routine inspection of food premises and other facilities
• Implement Global Village procedures and ensure compliance with local and international legislation pertaining to Food & Hygiene standards
• Take samples in premises, if required, where food is manufactured, processed, served or sold to ensure compliance with standards
• Coordinate for discarding of unfit and confiscated food items in coordination with DM representatives and Public Health Services Department
• Attend to emergency calls related to food poisoning, customer complaints and outbreak of infectious diseases Investigate complaints such as illegal labeling, adulterated food, cases of food poisoning, customer complaints etc. to determine root causes and advise on methods for prevention of recurrence In the event of violations, initiate corrective action or issuance of penalties Approve requests for isolation of Infectious Disease cases and responsible for inspection of Isolation Quarters
• Liaising with Regulatory Authorities
• Updating and providing feedback the HSE Manager and Duty Manager on regular basis
• Ensure compliance to Global Village Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
• Ensure compliance to all applicable local and federation regulations with regards to Health, Safety and Environment
• Report any emergencies or incidents to Global Village Security Control Room immediately
Qualification & Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
• HACCP Certificate Level 3 or above or any equivalent certification.
• Minimum 1 year experience in a restaurant/commercial kitchen/hotel or equivalent related field in areas such as Food Safety, Hygiene and Sanitation.
• Computer skills
• Food safety/health inspection system & Quality Control
• Food Microbiology & Knowledge of food processing
• Working knowledge of Temperature Measuring Devices, Digital
• Camera, and PPEs ( Hair Net, Hand Gloves, Mouth Piece)
• Report Writing
• Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic (desirable)
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.