Job description / Role
• Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately
• Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
• Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies)
• Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils and napkins
• Serve welcome drinks and hors d’oeuvres, upon guests’ arrival
• Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature)
• Check in with customers and take additional orders or refill water, as needed
• Remove dirty dishes and utensils
• Answer guests’ questions about ingredients and menu items
• Inform restaurant staff about customers’ feedback or requests (e.g. when they ask for the check)
• Make sure families with young children get kids menus and special silverware sets
AED 1,000 to 1,300 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + accommodation + transportation + duty meals
• Around 1-2 years experience as a food runner with hotel, catering or hospital
• Preferred Arabic nationals
• Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
• Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• Accommodation, transportation and duty meals by company
About the Company
Excelsior is a bespoke HR and recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Security, Facilities Management, Education and Automotive sectors. Excelsior provides a high quality, reliable and affordable solution to companies in these sectors.
Exciting opportunities and market insights will be regularly posted on this page. If you are a talented individual looking for a change, then our highly experienced Consultants are ready to match you with an exciting new career opportunity.