Job description / Role
Role and Responsibilities
• To assist with dispute resolution and claims planning matters on multiple projects, including construction scheduling, delay and disruption analysis.
• Project based tasks to include fact-finding to detailed analysis, quantification of delay and damages, economic modelling, and strategy formation.
• Demonstration of critical paths & consequent disruption etc.
• Development of the master and construction schedules, liaison with works package contractors to ensure all programmes are consistent with the construction schedule.
• Demonstration of entitlement to EoT occurring as a result of delay/ disruption/ loss of efficiency. Production rate analysis and work cycle analysis to demonstrate entitlement to EoT, drafting of claim and negotiation strategy.
• Development of the works baseline programme using Primavera P6.
• Other responsibilities also included defining the notification requirements under the contract for EoT and setting up a standardised system to ensure compliance.
• Preparation in anticipation for the defences to counterclaims and advice regarding retrospective analysis for EOTs, prolongation costs, disruption, programme critiques and delay analysis critiques.
• Candidates should possess strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
• A solid history in claims planning / scheduling type role is essential
• Strong skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, as well as scheduling software such as Primavera and Microsoft Project;
• A history of delivering delay analysis commissions including schedule analysis and report writing
• Flexibility & demonstrable creative problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills are required and ability to work as a member of a team
• Excellent written and spoken English skills are essential
• Experience of working in the Middle East region is desirable
• Professional qualifications such as; MSc in Construction Law & Arbitration, MCIArb or similar equivalents is desired but not essential
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.