Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years.
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
• The job holder of this position is responsible for leading the Finance function of FP&A in Group Finance, analyzing risks and guiding the business, to assist in measurement, planning and forecasting of activities and implications on income statement and balance sheet.
• The job holder of this position will also be responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial planning, budget and control for the business unit.
• Follow all relevant financial policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
• Prepare the Group Financial for the CEO, Committee of Executives, CFO and Group Finance Managers
• Drive Financial Strategic Planning such as the 3-Year Plan, Budget or Revision of Budget
• Arrange, observe and control the P&L, balance sheet and recommend action. Prepare variance analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management
• Drive group month end closing by analyzing trial balances, researching general ledger activity and variances to budget and prior year
• Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions.
• Organize internal and external reporting; make constructive proposals and act as an internal consultancy to Group Finance Manager to monitor the business
• Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
• Provide analytical support as required to various cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects (e.g. preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L)
• Instigate and participate in all process improvement initiatives related to the Business Unit
• Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
• Evaluate business proposals with complete analysis of economic impact on business
• Follow up and control the capital expenditure budgets allocated to the business unit
• Monitor the cost structure of the companies' business units and prepare business profitability analysis
• Revise the budgets and close follow up on: collections, payables, stock, sales and net margin. challenge assumption and propose revisions
• Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow and stock position on regular basis to provide corrective actions if necessary
• Support operations in preparing P&L projection, analysis of financial viability of new investments and budget follow-up
• Follow the day-to-day activities related to own job with minimal supervision to ensure continuity of work
• Follow-up on escalated cases /issues/questions of junior team members to ensure they are closed efficiently and in a timely manner
• Develop trustworthy relationship with the Business Units to drive financial management and processes
• Provide Internal Control and ensure compliance with all Group Policies and Procedures
• Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products
• CA / CIMA / CFA / MBA (top 100 schools by FT)
• System skills: Oracle Hyperion - EPBCS and good Microsoft Office tool knowledge
• 8+ years of experience in the same or similar field
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts. If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.