Front Desk Agent
Job description / Role
- The Front Desk Agent will be dynamic and efficient to serve all guests with a professional, warm and positive attitude. She/he will be the main actor in the check in and check out process, and will be available to provide assistance to all guests.
- The schedule of the Front Desk Agent will rotate 24 hours a day.
- Takes reservations over the email, phone, by fax or internet, and handles all associated operations.
- Increases and optimises room sales in line with the brand and hotel's sales policy.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- The Front Desk Agent will be very often the first person that a guest will come to see to look for a service or assistance. The greeting and attitude of the Front Desk Agent will influence a lot the opinion that the guest will have of the overall hotel.
- Being at the service of the guest, the first task of the Front Desk Agent is to be available at any time for the guest. Greeting with a smile, a warm & positive attitude are essential. The guest has to feel expected and welcome at any time.
- Adheres to the reporting requirement of the Front Office as outlined by the Rooms Division Manager.
- Knows the hotel's facilities and services well and takes every opportunity to promote them to all the guests.
- Knows the cities' main landmarks and attractions.
- Respects and applies the hotel and brand's pricing policies.
- Implements the Revenue Management policy.
- Present and visible in the lobby, he or she is easily identifiable by guests as the person to whom they should go. He/she is pro-active in assisting all the guests.
- In the scope of the Front Office, is able to accommodate all the guest's requests.
- Contributes to guests' sense of wellbeing, establishing a lasting and trusting relationship.
- Handles guests' requests for information and provides answers; puts them in contact with the appropriate Heartist if necessary.
- Thanks to his/her special relationship with guests, provides comprehensive personal information on them (customer profile).
- Handles any customer problems as required.
- C/I & C/O: The Front Office Agent will ensure that all C/I and C/O are made in line with the standards established. She/he will be especially attentive on the audit, immigration & guest history issues. She/he will then ensure that the operations handled by her/his own are fully completed and correct.
- Executive Bookings & VIP: The Front Desk Agent will be attentive that each VIP guest or Executive booking is ushered immediately.
- Guest requests follow up: The Front Desk Agent will be ready to help the guest with any request.
- Handover: At end of shift, the Front Desk Agent will clear her/his station and do a full and detailed handover with the following shift. She/he will check in details that her/his cashier report is correct, with all the backups attached.
- Selling / Up-selling: The Front Desk Agent will take every opportunity to sell the hotel facilities and services to the guests.
- Privacy: The Front Desk Agent will be attentive to respect the privacy/confidentiality of all the hotel guests.
- Monitors movements in the hotel lobby with discretion.
- Ensures that the lobby remains clean.
- Follows up the administration of reservations very thoroughly, making check-in operations easier for the front desk team.
- Transforms a request for information into a potential reservation as soon as there is an opportunity.
- Presents the brand and/or Group's loyalty programme to customers; adapts the sales pitch to each customer.
- Counters any objections with a suitable and structured sales argument; passes on any questions that cannot be answered to his/her superior.
- Handles reservations by applying the various step-by-step processes defined by the brand ("Reser-Vision")
- Enters reservation details precisely and correctly using Opera and ResaWEB.
- Ensures that information is passed on to the people concerned.
- Confirms the reservation; takes care over written communication.
- Handles the No Show & Late cancellation report on daily basis and apply charges when applicable.
- Process all the non-refundable deposits and post charges into the PMS.
- Review Booking.com early departure on daily basis and do the proper adjustment on the extranet.
- Rapidly identifies the new customer and modifies the sales pitch accordingly.
- Suggests other Accor hotels to customers if the hotel is full.
- The Front Desk Agent will ensure that all the guests who checked in during her/his shift are fully recorded the same day on the accurate immigration reports (CID as per UAE law).
- Replenishes Front Office supplies like stationery used for the operations as often as required and that the circuits of operations are followed strictly.
- Reports quickly any problem or question to her/his supervisor. The Front Desk Agent will read the reception logbook at the beginning of shift, follow up and keep it updated during his/her shift.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.