Job description / Role
We are looking to recruit an exceptionally organized individual to implement and maintain effective operational systems in our Head Office in Jumeirah Lake Towers. Immaculately presented, you will be the face of the company providing a professional welcome to all visitors and admin support to staff.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Greet all visitors to the office, both in person and by telephone
- Order office stationary and supplies, manage courier relationship and post distribution
- Implement and manage office meeting room bookings including order refreshments and lunch
- Booking corporate travel and support employees with travel expense reimbursement
- Manage shared calendar and diary management
- Respond to incoming telephone calls by transferring calls appropriately to staff concerned, taking messages and ensuring prompt delivery of these messages
- The job holder will answer routine enquiries over the telephone and give out correct information about the company
- Sort all incoming mail (courier/post) and ensure that these are forwarded promptly to staff concerned
- Receive the company's visitors, announcing arrivals and directing them to staff concerned
- Monitor daily staff movement, i.e. keep track of personnel who are either on holiday, out in the field or off sick in order to direct calls appropriately to the right department
- Keep track of personal international calls made by staff members and reconcile with the telephone and fax bills. Produce LPO and invoices as requested
- Ensure that the company directory is up to date and that all abbreviated dialing codes in the telephone & fax system are correct. Make sure updated directories are circulated within the office
- Assist with typing, inputting data, making hotel/airline bookings and other secretarial or administrative duties from time to time
- Business degree or receptionist / secretarial diploma holder
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role within a reputable company handling a busy, multi-line switchboard
- Background in a support capacity - admin support/secretary/operations coordination
- Effective people skills
- Highly organized individual who pays attention to detail
- Pro-active and always one step ahead with a can do and will do attitude
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and multiple details
- Shows great initiative and exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent command and fluency in spoken and written English language
Maturity and professional approach will be key to this position. You will support a highly energized, close knit team as a team player. You must be capable of working on your initiative and be willing to assist your colleagues as required.
Desired start date: Immediate
Compensation package: Salary AED 5 - 7,000/- per month + benefits for the right candidate
About the Company
The year 1995 saw the inception of Petrochem Middle East FZE. We have since transformed the face of the regional petrochemical business and become one of the largest independent chemical distributors in the Middle East.
Petrochem has built one of the most modern, state-of-the-art distribution terminals in Jebel Ali. This facility includes bulk Storage Sea fed tanks, dedicated drum storage facilities, four fully automated drumming lines and a separate dry goods storage area. The terminal adheres to the strictest of health and safety norms and is environment friendly, making sure all operations upkeep the health and safety of its personnel.
We began operating from one office in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, but rapid developments and a focused vision have ensured Petrochem’s global expansions. We currently have offices in Dubai, Jebel Ali, Shanghai, Antwerp and London. We also have an office and distribution facilities in Singapore, India and United Arab Emirates.
We are an ISO 9001:2008 company and also have ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditations.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|