Job description / Role
Front Desk Agent
The overall scope of the job includes of providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski's DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah is located on the Palm, one of Dubai's most sought-after areas, a stay here means being immersed in luxury. It offers 244 luxurious suites, villas and penthouses, situated on five sprawling acres of territory. It combines five Food and Beverage outlets, the Parisian-inspired Cinq Mondes Spa, and private beach.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski and Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards.
- Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel. Verify the guest's method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer cash handling payment to cashiers.
- Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
- Handle all front office cashiers' transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be and not inclusive of issuing a safe deposit box, handling messages or dealing with a complaints.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
- Keep themselves informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures.
- Maintain the neatness of his/her working area.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years in luxury hotel experience.
- Brief knowledge of hotel operations & computer systems.
- Knowledge of Opera & Micros
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.