Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar& Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joiede Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Partof the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, SofitelDubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on aperfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowneddesign elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connectinghearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - FrontOffice Agent and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcomingdestination!
Tomanage all activities relevant to the Front Desk such as the reception, checkin / out, cashiering, foreign exchange and assisting guest with inquiries.
KEYROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Register and room all guest arrivals according to established procedures
- Perform check in, check out and room change procedures and ensure alldata are accurately entered into the hotel system
- Maintain cashier float and ensure accurate daily report of all moneyreceived
- Cash hotel guests' personal and travelers checks and assist withcurrency exchange
- Keep abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
- Attend to guests' request of using the service of safety box at alltimes
- Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures for programs such asSeasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs, and also Hotels Group Loyaltyprograms
- Attend to guest's complaints, inquiries and requests, refer problems to supervisor/Assistant Manager if he/she unable to assist
- Is familiar with other Sofitel properties so that guest indicating any next destination on the registration card can be "sold" an onward booking to another Sofitel property
- Ensure that the guests depart the hotel with a positive impression of hotel service
- Perform the audit balances and prepare all reports for audit in an orderly fashion
- When on night shift, check night report, prepare morning report and prepare all necessary forms for guest arrivals
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures
- Maintain exemplary department standards of behavior and appearance and attitude
- Ensure front desk work area is kept clean and in an orderly state at all times
- Is fully aware of the Credit policy
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures
- Perform related duties and special projects assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skill in English
- Able to develop rapport with and gain support from Colleagues and Management staff
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with all guests and patrons
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Post Secondary Education or relevant qualifications in Hotel Management
- Minimum 2 years Guest Relations experience preferably in a four or five star hotel
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Guest Services Officer - Front Office
Front Office Supervisor
Guest Relations Agent
Guest Services Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Front Desk Agent