Job description / Role
Play Your Part
Front Office Assistants are responsible for acting as the face of the Resort, answering and responding to internal and external guest needs and deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Welcome guests into the resort with a genuine warm welcome.
- Ability to deliver a dynamic customer service experience by assisting guests with check in/checkout process and inquiries.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast environment.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Check guests in, ensuring proper credit is received, special requests are noted and fulfilled, and accurate information is provided
- Maintain and improve the quality of the guest experience
- Process all payments according to established hotel requirements
- Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, cancellations and information
- Provides prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all incoming calls and assistance for outgoing calls that transpire through PBX
- Play an integral part in assisting with emergencies, (fire, medical, power/system failure) by contacting the designated personnel for immediate assistance.
- Assist guest services, safety services, housekeeping, and engineering team
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
Health & Safety:
You are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within your team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, you must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees you are responsible for are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. You must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, you must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- 1 - 3 years of Hotel front desk experience preferred.
- Preferred candidate will have experience in OPERA property management system or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak the English language clearly and fluently.
- Preferred candidate will have the ability to speak at least one more language, Arabic, French, Russian, Mandarin, fluently.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanour
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
- Must have excellent guest service skills, proven conflict resolution skills, and proven leadership skills to drive initiatives to improve the team and the business.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014