Job description / Role
Emirates Palace is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, close to major visitor attractions and the main business areas of the city. Just 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai Airport, Emirates Palace is conveniently situated for both leisure and business travellers. Popular tourist sites close to the Emirates Palace include the Grand Mosque and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, both located 20 minutes away. The Marina Mall and major shopping attractions are also within walking distance of the hotel.
Front Office Manager
Responsible for the operations of the Reception, Concierge, PABX, Business Center ensuring the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and Kempinski standards.
- Involvement in budget preparations and responsible for profit & loss.
- Maximise hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, up- selling, adhering to late charge and double occupancy policies to maximize REVPAR.
- Prepare the annual budget and manning guide and manage the Front Office Department within budgetary guidelines.
- Control the duty roster for sub departments guaranteeing quality as well as considering the highest personnel cost efficiency.
- Oversee all labour cost controls within budget limits and occupancy variances to maximize productivity.
- Conduct interviews with future employees.
- Identify training needs, develop and manage performance.
- Approve training plan of all Front Office sub-departments and follow-up to ensure compliance and efficiency of training activities.
- Manage all operational tasks as well as their respective delegation and follow-up.
- Carry out disciplinary actions in line with company procedures.
- Re-evaluate work flows to improve and optimise organisation.
- Implement and evaluate procedures and policies.
- Ensure clear communication within departments.
- Verify that all information requested by the local police authorities are adhered to and prepared accurately.
- Organise regular departmental meetings.
- Detailed hotel product knowledge, up-to-date with VIP arrivals & events within the hotel and the destination.
- Conduct daily walk throughs to ensure quality standards
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years' experience in Front Office Manager role
- Proficient in Micros
- English Language proficiency (Preferably Additional Languages)
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Flexible in terms of scheduling
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Able to stand all day
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Customer Service and Logistics Representative
Manpower Middle East
Call Center Agent - Inbound
Guest Relations Manager - 5* Hotel
Quest Search & Selection