Job description / Role
Responsible for all front office functions and staff. As a department head, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Responsible for short- and long-term planning and the management of the hotel's Front Desk operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manage within those approved plans
- Maintain guest room inventory
- Coach and counsel colleagues as needed to reflect Hyatt's service standards and procedures
- Perform all tasks of the front desk as needed to facilitate service
- Ensure all operations and cash handling are done per policies and procedures
- Maintain excellent communication with the housekeeping department and other departments.
- Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc., while ensuring all staff are trained in all areas
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve guest complaints
- Create expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and time tables
- Ensures proper staffing levels for customer service goals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Multiple years of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a Front Office Manager or Assistant Manager in a large hotel operation.
- A relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality, Business or Tourism Management
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.