Job description / Role
- To be an ambassador of the Front Office and of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To always keep the working area clean and well maintained.
- To properly use the telephone etiquette as per Sofitel standards.
- To attend all guests approaching the front desk in the procedure of check-in/check-out, inquiries, key handling and all related matters, respecting the hotel standards and procedures.
- To offer a warm welcome to all guests and to ensure that they enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
- To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To respect the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by resolving it and making sure the guest is satisfied, and recording it.
- To call the supervisor or manager for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
- To share daily activity highlights with the supervisor and manager including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To be aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- To do a proper cashier closer and to ensure a complete handover between the shifts.
- To be aware of forged currency and travelers checks and to respect all the financial and audit procedures.
- To check the departure lists and to ensure check-out times are respected.
- To properly use all the equipment and Fidelio management system, to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups.
- To strictly respect the room keys and section keys handover procedures.
- To daily follow the checklists.
- To daily read the F/O logbook, to update it and to sign it.
- To be aware of all hotel facilities operating timing and to promote the internal activities and events.
- To up sell Rooms, Food and Beverage outlets and other facilities whenever opportunities arise.
- To be updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To attend a daily line up briefing with the Front Office team to recapitulate tasks and activity.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.